TCPL Packaging 3QFY12 total income up 27% at Rs. 77.95 crore; PAT at Rs 1.62 crore
TCPL Packaging Ltd. (TCPL) (formerly Twenty-First Century Printers Ltd), one of the largest manufacturers of folding cartons announced the financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended December 31, 2011.
- (1888PressRelease) February 03, 2012 - 3QFY12 performance
• The Company's total income increased by 27.0% from Rs 61.37 crore for 3QFY11 to Rs. 77.95 crore for 3QFY12
• EBIDTA for 3QFY12 stood at Rs 12.65 crore, up 34.6% against Rs 9.4 crore in 3QFY11
• EBIDTA margin improved by 60 bps to 16.2% as compared to 15.6% in 3QFY11
• The Company's profit prior to tax and extraordinary items registered a growth of 61.3% during 3QFY12 to Rs 4.52 crore as compared to Rs 2.80 crore during 3QFY11.
• Profit after tax (PAT) for 3QFY12 stood at Rs 1.63 crore as compared to Rs 1.83 crore during 3QFY11, primarily on account of forex losses of Rs 2.2 crore.
• The Company's income increased by 17.8% to Rs. 205.14 crore as compared to Rs. 174.13 crore during 9MFY11.
• EBIDTA increased by 25.1% to Rs 31.78 crore as compared to Rs 25.41 crore in 9MFY11
• EBIDTA margin improved by 90 bps to 15.5% as compared to 14.6% in 9MFY11
• Profit before exceptional items is up 30% at Rs 9.74 crore as against Rs 7.49 crore.
• PAT for 9MFY12 stood at Rs 4.68 crore as compared to Rs 4.71 crore during 9MFY11. The Company incurred a forex loss of Rs 3.33 crore that also impacted its profitability
• The Company's revenues during 9MFY12 accounted for 85.4% of the total revenues during FY11
• The Company's PAT during 9MFY12 accounted for 74.5% of the total PAT during FY11
• During 3QFY12, the Company successfully added a third line printing press at Haridwar.
• The Company enhanced presence in FMCG segment by introducing innovative packaging solutions to new clientele.
• During January 2012, the company commissioned its corrugation plant in Goa.
Commenting on the Q3 FY12 results, Mr Saket Kanoria, Managing Director said: "Current year results reflect the fruition of recent expansion plans at Silvassa and Haridwar. During the year, we have strengthened our presence in FMCG segment by adding prestigious clients. Our new facility in Goa for corrugated cartons will further enhance our product range and expand our value chain."