Doctissimo, The Hugely Successful French Health And Wellbeing Website, Launches An English-language Version
After the successful launches in Spanish and Italian , France's leading women's website Doctissimo is pursuing its 2010 worldwide expansion with the introduction of Doctissimo.com to the UK and English-speaking markets.
- (1888PressRelease) October 27, 2010 - Following on from the recent successful Spanish and Italian launches, France's leading women's website Doctissimo is pursuing its 2010 worldwide expansion with the introduction of Doctissimo.com to the UK and English-speaking markets.
Managed out of Paris by the Doctissimo team, drawing on ten years of experience in web-based healthcare media, Doctissimo.com also taps into the sales and marketing expertise of Hachette Filipacchi UK.
• A unique blend of health, wellbeing and lifestyle information and advice;
• 8 editorial channels (health, wellbeing, pregnancy, baby, sexuality, beauty, nutrition and recipes);
• Reliable health information, reviewed by healthcare professionals;
• Baby and pregnancy channels enriched with advice from Dr Miriam Stoppard, one of the UK's leading parenting experts;
• Themes of interest to a global Internet audience, and for women in particular during key life moments, such as: puberty, pregnancy or illness…
• Including: BMA medical encyclopedia and medical dictionary; baby name guide; directory of weight loss diets and nearly 1,000 British and international recipes;
• Themed quizzes (health, couple, sexuality…)
• Coming soon: forums, blogs, slideshows, video clips, symptom checker, newsletters…
Valérie Brouchoud, CEO of Doctissimo, said: "This new launch is a real challenge for Doctissimo as there are already a number of high quality sites devoted to health in the UK and English-speaking web sphere. However, Doctissimo's two-pronged editorial approach makes us unique, because we offer not only useful information, but also an area for expression, exchange and discussion. We are convinced that Doctissimo will play a positive role in helping people take more responsibility for their health and wellbeing."
• France's leading women's website
• 7,1 million unique visitors (source: Nielsen, August 2010)
• 157 million pages viewed (source: Estat, September 2010)
• 170,000 forum messages per day (source: MesDiscussions, August 2010)