Texas Town invites Vocal Trash to Celebration of Freedom
An event honors U.S. Veterans at Bicentennial Park July 9 from 10 AM - 11 PM - One Texas town is keeping freedom alive after the Fourth of July. The city of Crowley, just south of Forth Worth, has held their Celebration of Freedom every year honoring veterans.
- (1888PressRelease) July 07, 2011 - "Our Celebration of Freedom has grown from a simple parade and fireworks show into a major celebration!" said city councilman Johnny Shotwell, "We wanted to make this year's event something people will never forget by bringing in Fort Worth's own variety group, Vocal Trash."
Known for their high-kick, high-octane performance, Vocal Trash will keep the spirit of Independence alive in the Fort Worth area. This is a show for the whole family, this talented musical, variety show is appropriately described as "Glee" with a kick!
This all-day event, Celebration of Freedom has something for the whole family, including:
• City-wide Parade, which starts at 10 AM from Crowley High School, going along Main Street ending at Bicentennial Park.
• All-American Baby Contest
• Crowley Idol Competition
• Crowley Area Chamber of Commerce Business Expo
• Main musical event: National Troupe Group Vocal Trash performance at 8 PM
• Military Activities i.e. Air Force Flyovers and Veterans' Recognition
• Spectacular Fireworks display at dusk
The last sounds before the big blasts will come from Vocal Trash, as they perform right before the fireworks show, which starts at 9:30 PM over Bicentennial Park.
Shotwell, who helps organize the event every year, says the city purposely sets the Celebration of Freedom on the Saturday after the Fourth because many families travel elsewhere over the holiday.
"This gives them an opportunity to have another Fourth of July," he said.
The celebration is not only a fun event but honors those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to safeguard our national freedom. "We're a small town, but we really support our veterans," Shotwell said.
Steve Linder, creator of Vocal Trash, described why he wanted to honor the veterans at the Celebration of Freedom in Crowley this year:
"It is a true honor to be headlining for such a tremendous event. Vocal Trash has never taken the simple freedoms that we, as Americans, have been blessed with for granted. As entertainers, the least we can do is spread a message of faith, patriotism and all things positive throughout this great country. This, too, is a remarkable freedom made possible by the men and women of our military willing to give all."
Certainly, people from across northern Texas will be proud to see one of their own performing live in the Lone Star state during the city's biggest celebration of the year. It will be one you won't want to miss.
For additional event information, please contact (817) 297-2201, Ext. 4000
For more information or interviews contact Steve Linder of Vocal Trash.
Contact: Steve Linder
Company: Vocal Trash
Address: 632 E. Bluff St., Ft. Worth, TX 76102
Phone: (817) 538-2850
Email: steve ( @ ) vocaltrash dot net