Los Angeles Pollution Engineering Firm Terra-Petra Says: "Project Challenges Drive Our Business"
Terra‑Petra specializes in environmental soil and soil gas characterization and remediation, and in the design and inspection of soil gas mitigation systems for buildings of all types.
- Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA (1888PressRelease) July 15, 2010 - Developers, large and small property owners, environmental engineering firms, architects, and municipalities know the importance of quickly identifying, mitigating, and remediating methane gas and toxic chemicals on their properties. Whether you have property in the Los Angeles Methane Zone, Methane Buffer Zone, within a Building Restriction Zone, or just want peace of mind before you invest in developing your property, Terra-Petra can work with you to get the result you need. For more information go to: http://www.terra-petra.com.
Terra-Petra understands environmental laws, codes, and regulations at the city, county, state, and national levels. The professional staff includes a Registered PE, Registered Environmental Assessor, and a Registered Geologist/Certified Engineering Geologist. Terra-Petra provides consulting, testing, designing, and inspection services related to methane gas, Brownfield, vapor intrusion, landfill, oilfield, and waterproofing issues. According to Terra-Petra President, Kevin Buchanan, "Project challenges drive our business."
Some of Terra-Petra's acclaimed accomplishments included:
• Design and implementation of a methane barrier membrane, passive and active mechanical ventilation, hardscape venting, electronic gas detection inside the structure with data logging capabilities, alarm system, and subslab vaults for periodic monitoring to a Playa Vista Fire station.
• Negotiation with LADBS to eliminate the requirement for a permanent dewatering system and developed a modified methane mitigation system approved by LADBS at significant cost savings to the property owner of a site for a Medical Center.
• Design of a unique options to vent 55 oil wells that were spread throughout a 25-acre residential development site in the City of Yorba Linda.
• Design of a sub-slab soil gas vapor mitigation system for a small private high school.
• Specification of an alternate approved membrane system that reduced installation time by approximately 50% for a luxury hotel.
• Design of a code compliant methane-venting matrix for a very complex substructure for the Nokia Theater.
Dealing with methane gas and volatile compounds is serious business-requiring the most dedicated and experienced professionals.
Terra-Petra is located at: 415 W. Foothill Blvd. Suite 301 in Claremont, California 91711-2777. Phone: 213.458.0494. Website: www.terra-petra.com.