MotiveWave Software releases an end-to-end trading platform with custom studies and strategies using an SDK, and industry-leading backtesting and genetic optimization in MotiveWave™ 2.0.
With MotiveWave 2.0, we are excited to provide a complete end-to-end trading platform that also has the most advanced Elliott Wave and Gartley tools.
(1888PressRelease) May 17, 2012 - TORONTO, ON - MotiveWave Software, an up-and-coming provider of charting, analysis and trading software, announced today the release of Version 2.0 of its MotiveWave charting and trading platform, which includes backtesting, genetic optimization, walk forward testing, and the ability to create custom studies and strategies using an SDK.
Since the release of MotiveWave™ 1.0 last year, there have been hundreds of features and enhancements added to create MotiveWave 2.0 including:
• CUSTOM STUDY AND STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT - a Software Development Kit (SDK) is now available in Java for creating custom studies, indicators and strategies. Documentation and resources are available on the MotiveWave website and include a Programming Guide and Sample Project. (See http://support.motivewave.com/sdk for more information.)
• STRATEGY BACKTESTING - Replay Mode can be used to debug a strategy using tick or bar data, and backtesting can be done on strategies using the MotiveWave Strategy Optimizer, as well as exhaustive and genetic optimization, walk forward testing and reporting.
• ELLIOTT WAVE - choose your level of automation with our comprehensive Elliott Wave tools; from enhancements to existing manual wave plotting, to our new Auto Analyze tool and Elliott Wave Scanner (pattern recognition tool). (For more information, visit http://www.motivewave.com/overview/product_tour.htm)
• GARTLEY - enhancements to Gartley tools including Auto Gartley and Gartley Scanner
• CHARTING FEATURES - over 100 chart enhancements and feature additions including Renko and Range bars using Tick or Minute data, multiple instrument overlay, many new studies including Volume Profile, Pivot Points and Support and Resistance Zones, Study Scanner, new signals, new bar types including 3D bars and Line Fill, custom bar sizes, chart templates, chart linking, chart groups, and enhanced Alerts
• TRADING FEATURES - the introduction of a DOM, custom trading hours, ATR stops and built-in strategies including Trade Manager gives more comprehensive options to trade using MotiveWave
• ENHANCED SYSTEM PERFORMANCE - MotiveWave has been busy adding a Mac OS X version, support for 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions, Backup and Restore, Data Import (Single or Multiple Files), Data Export, support for 7 new Brokers and Data Service Providers, and system speed and performance enhancements
"Our customers asked and we listened. MotiveWave has now expanded beyond the discretionary trading segment to offer fully programmable studies and strategies and industry-leading backtesting and optimization", said Tony Lindsay, Founder of MotiveWave Software, "With MotiveWave 2.0, we are excited to now provide a complete end-to-end trading platform that also has the most advanced Elliott Wave and Gartley tools available."
MotiveWave can be used to trade any securities that your broker or data service supports. These may include stocks, futures, options, equities and forex.
Please visit the MotiveWave website for a complete listing of enhancements and feature additions. http://support.motivewave.com/whats-new/
About MotiveWave Software
Founded in 2010, MotiveWave Software (www.MotiveWave.com) is quickly emerging as a leading developer of easy-to-use high-performance charting and trading software for the individual discretionary trader. Built with the individual trader in mind, the company's trading platform, MotiveWave, provides advanced charting and market analysis that enables traders to easily execute their trading decisions accurately and efficiently through its intuitive charts and trading screens and order management capabilities.
Based in Toronto, ON, MotiveWave Software is continually invested in product development to make MotiveWave the best charting, trading and Elliott Wave software available.
Tel: +1 416-840-4602
Email: media ( @ ) motivewave dot com