Magnifi Group and Food Safety and Quality Systems Partner to Implement Online Education Solutions
Magnifi Group and Food Safety and Quality Systems to launch online education programs for corporations and individuals within the Food Industry.
- (1888PressRelease) December 02, 2016 - Magnifi Group, Inc., developer of Learn-Wise, a leading eLearning platform for the Food and Medical Device Industries, and Food Safety and Quality Systems, LLC, an internationally recognized training and consulting company that provides classroom training programs to food processors, packers and distributors, have entered into an exclusive partnership to provide online training solutions to companies and individuals within the food industry.
The partnership comes on the heels of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) - the first of its rules having gone into effect on August 30th of this year with three more implemented in October 2016. Essentially these regulations lay down deadlines for food companies to adhere to new manufacturing processes and requirements designed to increase food safety.
Andrew Wolpe, President and COO of Magnifi Group, said the partnership is the perfect blend between necessary onsite training and eLearning. "Food Safety and Quality Systems, LLC can now set up preliminary online courses prior to classroom and practical courses," Wolpe said. Wolpe added that the partnership will initially focus on two initiatives. The first will be the delivery of a comprehensive eLearning solution to corporations including the technology, the content and consulting support. The second initiative will be the creation and delivery of standardized online courses for individuals to obtain the credentials required to gain access to food processing facilities.
"These two initiatives are the start of a much larger vision," said Christina Kelley-Astorga, Co-Founder of Food Safety and Quality Systems. "There's significant demand from the industry to get under FSMA compliance," Astorga said. "Our partnership with Magnifi Group allows us to accelerate necessary training and ultimately automate the entire learning process; from the classroom to the manufacturing plant in real-time," Astorga said.
Food Safety and Quality Systems, LLC is a licensed and accredited Training Center founded in 2008 to provide Implementing SQF Systems Practitioner and Certified HACCP Training for food and packaging manufacturing facilities. FSNQS is a leading training provider in the US and has provided training to approximately 7,000 food safety professionals and 150 companies. Their services include a broad curriculum of live training courses, eLearning Strategy and course development for food safety and regulatory compliance, consulting services and GAP Assessments. For more information, please visit http://sqf.fsnqs.com/.
ABOUT MAGNIFI GROUP
Magnifi Group is a developer of dynamic online training solutions for leading global corporations. The company was founded in 2002 and has offices in San Diego, California and Wiesbaden, Germany. Magnifi was quickly recognized for its accredited eLearning platform, Learn-Wise, and its interactive learning modules. For more information, please visit http://www.learn-wise.com.
STRUCTURE OF THE FOOD SAFETY AND CONTROL SYSTEM IN THE US
• Regulation exists at the federal, state, and local level
• The main federal agencies are the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Department of Agriculture (USDA)
• Within USDA the main agency is the Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS)
• The FDA has responsibility for 80% of food; FSIS regulates meat, poultry and eggs, although some overlap does occur
• Federal regulations govern interstate trade, imports and exports whilst State and local regulations govern intrastate trade
• The main federal regulations are the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act 1938, The Meat Inspection Act, The Poultry Inspection Act, The Egg Inspection Act
• The recent Food Modernization Safety Act of 2011 aims to improve food safety and mostly impacts on the activities of the FDA
Food safety Policy and Regulation in the United States - European Parliament's Committee on Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI).