Dentsply Friadent launches new UK dental implant directory. More than 100 dentists and clinics who offer dental implants are listed within a new online directory called Dentists 4 Implants.
(1888PressRelease) May 13, 2010 - For anyone with missing or failing teeth, dental implants can totally restore natural oral function, appearance and confidence. Implant supported dental crowns, bridges and dentures look, feel and function just like real teeth. Dental implant surgery is not inexpensive, but the result can last a lifetime when properly looked after. According the British Dental Health Foundation patient information leaflet on dental implants: "Over the longer term, implants are usually a more cost-effective and satisfactory option".
Fewer than ten percent of UK dentists have undergone specific training for clinical competence to undertake implant treatment. More than 100 dentists and clinics who offer dental implants are listed within a new online directory called Dentists 4 Implants. According to the site's developer, "The directory was originally limited exclusively to case referrals from other dentists, but it has recently been improved to provide information for patients about dental implants and implant dentists. Its pages include internationally renowned dental implantology experts, accomplished oral surgeons, referral practices and clinics, dedicated to delivering implant treatment".
In addition to being probably the most informative, accessible and easy-to-use list of implant dentists in the UK, the website offers information about dental implants and treatment options. There is a list of answers to common questions, but if that doesn't cover your query there's also the facility to 'Ask an implant dentist'. The individual pages include a description of the practice and the principal practitioner's credentials. But, perhaps the most reassuring feature is the page of comments from patients who have been treated by some of the featured dentists. To find the nearest participating dentist, visitors can either search by postcode or an interactive map at http://www.dentists4implants.com.
Restoring natural smiles, comfort and confidence
A dental implant is a titanium rod used to replace lost or failing tooth roots, to provide support for replacement teeth, such as crowns, bridges and dentures. For many dental problems, both functional and aesthetic, implant treatment is increasingly the patient's preferred clinical option. Patients who have benefited from dental implant treatment are often very enthusiastic about the results. Patients' comments about their dental implant treatment can be found on the 'What Patients Say' page of http://www.dentists4implants.com/what-patients-say.php
Conditions which can be treated with dental implants
* Replacing missing teeth
* Supporting single crowns and fixed bridges
* Retaining full dentures
* Replacing full and partial dentures
* Look, feel and function like natural teeth
* Confidence of a completely natural smile
* Ability to eat, talk, smile and laugh with confidence
* Facial profile and gum vitality are maintained
* No uncomfortable or loose dentures
* There is no need to damage the adjacent teeth, such as with conventional bridgework
* Continued use (loading) of the supporting bone reduces shrinkage caused by biological resorption
* Restorations secured with implants are as firm as natural teeth
* With appropriate care, dental implants can last a lifetime
* Cost-effective in the long-term compared with other types of restoration
* High treatment success rates