ChemLogix Enhances Rail Logistics Solutions with GeoMetrix Rail Fleet Management Technology
ChemLogix, LLC recently added GeoMetrix rail logistics guidance technology as part of its transportation management solutions set to enhance rail fleet management capabilities.
- (1888PressRelease) March 30, 2012 - Using GeoMetrix' Internet-based rail supply chain software, ChemLogix has added intra-plant management, distribution planning and maintenance/lease management activities to its existing railcar fleet management services. The GeoMetrix application provides ChemLogix with the capability to provide clients with a full range of rail fleet management services, reporting, and analytical capabilities not offered by any other existing rail fleet management application in the market place today. With these enhanced capabilities, ChemLogix provides an even higher level of service and visibility for customers who ship bulk commodities by rail.
"GeoMetrix offers ChemLogix a best-in-class, full range rail fleet management solution that is very user-friendly to operate, with "drag and drop" features similar to Excel. Functionalities and features are extremely flexible, allowing users to select and present data in truly user-definable formats," said John Danielsen, ChemLogix Director of Operations. "No other web-based rail fleet management application in the market place today has the ability to provide such a full range of informational, analytical and user-definable features as provided by GeoMetrix."
Offering a range of user-friendly tools to cost-effectively manage large rail fleets and shipments from start to completion while optimizing supply chain operations and visibility, GeoMetrix applications support a variety of rail management activities including:
• Intra-plant rail fleet management
• Dynamic rail car tracking and tracing
• User-definable automated reporting
• Limitless fleet assignment features
• Management of fleet maintenance and UMLER data
• Management of lease activities and contracts
• Distribution planning
• Demurrage and detention management
• Shipment mileage tracking
• Waybill processing
• Carrier rate management
"After evaluating 8 to 10 different rail logistic applications, GeoMetrix stood out as the most cost-effective, powerful and user-friendly tool to support our customer's rail fleet management needs," notes John. "Our collaboration with GeoMetrix allows ChemLogix to provide the market place with the most robust, cost effective rail fleet management solution today!"
"GeoMetrix is pleased to be part of the partnership with ChemLogix and looks forward to supplying ChemLogix rail customers with better visibility across the rail supply chain," notes Jim Benedict, President, GeoMetrix. "Both our companies share a common vision of ensuring our customers receive the best service in the industry."
For more information on how ChemLogix can manage your rail logistics operations or provide you with access to GeoMetrix software to manage your own operations, please contact John Danielson at jdanielsen ( @ ) chemlogix dot com. For more information on ChemLogix, refer to our web site at www.chemlogix.com.
- Ken Vrtis
- Abington Hall, Suite 300
- 1777 Sentry Parkway West, Blue Bell, PA
- Voice: (630) 579-8200
- Visit our Site