WiMAX Forum(R) Announces WiMAX South Asia 2012
Summit endorsed by the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority and Wateen Telecom.
- (1888PressRelease) March 15, 2012 - Portland, Oregon, USA - Today the WiMAX Forum announced the next in its 2012 series of Operator Summits, WiMAX South Asia 2012, to be held at the Islamabad Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan April 2 - 3rd. This event, officially endorsed by the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority and co-organized with the assistance of Wateen Telecom, will focus specifically on supporting the South Asian operator community in deploying profitable WiMAX networks.
"WiMAX South Asia 2012 is an exciting opportunity for the Broadband industry to exchange expertise and share success stories from across the world," stated Dr. Mohammed Yaseen, Chairman of the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority. "We welcome the WiMAX Forum to Pakistan and express our gratitude for bringing together a resource pool of international and local professionals that will help accelerate the proliferation of broadband, especially through WiMAX."
WiMAX South Asia 2012 is an event for all participants, both operators and vendors, to meet, exchange ideas and develop business and cooperative relationships. The event will highlight the opportunities, challenges and strategies involved in operating a profitable WiMAX network in South Asia.
"As a pioneer for WiMAX technology in Pakistan, it is an honor for Wateen to bring the first WiMAX South Asia conference to the country", said Naeem Zamindar, CEO Wateen Telecom. "I would like to congratulate the WiMAX Forum on hosting this year's summit in Islamabad and providing an opportunity for telecom professionals to work together and share experiences."
South Asia is a hotbed of activity for the WiMAX ecosystem. In Pakistan there are four major WiMAX operators, and, according to Telecom Lead (http://telecomlead.com/), WiMAX accounts for 29% of the country's broadband connections. This event is constructed specifically to allow these operators, as well as those from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and more to network, share key lessons and work together for the benefit of the industry. Our goal is for attending operators to gain concrete knowledge that will help them build profitable WiMAX businesses.
"Pakistan is an important market for WiMAX," said Declan Byrne, President of the WiMAX Forum. "Hosting our event in Islamabad will be excellent for the event, and wonderful for the industry as a whole. We would like to thank the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority and Wateen Telecom for their support in this endeavor."
Topics of discussion will include:
• Exploring Different Go-to-Market Strategies for WiMAX operators
• Operational Considerations for Greenfield WiMAX Networks
• Timing and Planning Considerations for WiMAX network construction
• Core Network Strategies and more…
WiMAX South Asia 2012 will be an interactive working event, and there will be no registration fee. Participation in this event is free and open to all participants of the WiMAX ecosystem, and membership in the WiMAX Forum is not a requirement for to attend.
To register for this event please visit the WiMAX Forum events website: http://wimaxforum.org/events/operator-summit-series/wimax-south-asia-2012
Following WiMAX South Asia, the 2012 WiMAX Forum Operator Summit Series will include the following events:
• WiMAX East Asia: Taipei, Taiwan, June 5 - 6th
• WiMAX North America: Montreal, Canada, June 18 - 19th
• WiMAX Caribbean: Miami, United States, July 26 - 27th
• WiMAX Europe: Sofia, Bulgaria, October 9 - 10th
• WiMAX Africa: Cape Town, South Africa, November 13th
• WiMAX Middle East: Dubai, United Arab Emirates, December 3rd
Further information regarding these events will be made available on the WiMAX Forum events page: www.WiMAXForum.org/events.
For more information on WiMAX technology or to become a member of the WiMAX Forum, please contact Mike Wolleben at mike.wolleben ( @ ) wimaxforum dot org dot You may reach Mike by phone at +1 (512) 722-6138 dot
About the WiMAX Forum®
The WiMAX Forum® is an industry-led, not-for-profit organization that certifies and promotes the compatibility and interoperability of broadband wireless products based upon IEEE Standard 802.16. The WiMAX Forum's primary goal is to accelerate the adoption, deployment and expansion of WiMAX technologies across the globe while facilitating roaming agreements, sharing best practices within our membership and certifying products. WiMAX Forum Certified® products are interoperable and support broadband fixed, nomadic, portable and mobile services. The WiMAX Forum works closely with service providers and regulators to ensure that WiMAX Forum Certified systems meet customer and government requirements.
For more information, visit www.wimaxforum.org.