WiMAX Forum(R) Announces the WiMAX for Smart Grid 2012 Event
Event to be Co-Located with UTC Telecom 2012.
- (1888PressRelease) April 14, 2012 - Today the WiMAX Forum announced the WiMAX for Smart Grid Event, to be held immediately following UTC Telecom 2012 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort on Wednesday, May 23rd. This event will focus specifically on supporting the Utilities community in deploying effective and affordable WiMAX networks to support their Smart Grid initiatives.
The WiMAX for Smart Grid Event is for all participants, WiMAX operators, vendors and utilities to meet, exchange ideas and develop business and cooperative relationships. The event will highlight the opportunities, challenges and strategies involved in deploying and operating a profitable WiMAX Smart Grid.
Topics of discussion will include:
• System Profile Requirements for Smart Grid Applications
• Operational Considerations for Deploying WiMAX Smart Grid Networks
• WiMAX Infrastructure for Smart Grid
• WiMAX for Distribution Automation Systems
• WiMAX for Advanced Metering Infrastructure and more…
The WiMAX for Smart Grid Event will be an interactive working event, and there will be no registration fee. Participation in this event is free and open to all participants of the WiMAX and energy ecosystems, and membership in the WiMAX Forum is not a requirement for attendance.
To register for this event please visit: http://www.wimaxforum.org/events/operator-summit-series/wimax-smart-grid-2012-event
For more information on WiMAX technology or to become a member of the WiMAX Forum, please contact Mike Wolleben at mike.wolleben ( @ ) wimaxforum dot org dot You may reach Mike by phone at +1 (512) 722-6138 dot
About the WiMAX Forum®
The WiMAX Forum® is an industry-led, not-for-profit organization that certifies and promotes the compatibility and interoperability of broadband wireless products based upon IEEE Standard 802.16. The WiMAX Forum's primary goal is to accelerate the adoption, deployment and expansion of WiMAX technologies across the globe while facilitating roaming agreements, sharing best practices within our membership and certifying products. WiMAX Forum Certified® products are interoperable and support broadband fixed, nomadic, portable and mobile services. The WiMAX Forum works closely with service providers and regulators to ensure that WiMAX Forum Certified systems meet customer and government requirements. For more information, visit www.wimaxforum.org.