Visix Named NEC's 2012 Best Of InfoComm Award Winner
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions.
- (1888PressRelease) June 23, 2012 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today that Visix, Inc., a Norcross, Ga.-based maker of browser-based digital signage software, received the 2012 Best of InfoComm Award, sponsored by NEC Display Solutions and given to the best product or service at InfoComm 2012.
Visix donated the $10,000 prize from NEC Display Solutions to The Hirsch Academy, an Atlanta-based organization that meets the educational and developmental needs of children with learning differences. It won the award after finishing in the top five during the public voting period and judging by a panel of four industry experts with its AxisTV Version 8.0 Digital Signage Software submission.
NEC Display Solutions President and CEO Pierre Richer presented the award to Sean Matthews, President of Visix, during an awards ceremony June 15 in the NEC booth at the annual global professional AV and digital signage forum at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
"The Best of InfoComm Award has grown in stature as a robust competition, and this year was no exception," said Ashley Flaska, Vice President of Marketing at NEC Display Solutions. "Kudos to Visix for capturing a hard-earned victory in this year's program."
Visix's AxisTV Version 8.0 Digital Signage Software includes a completely new user interface, a new background library, as well as 64-bit support for Microsoft Server 2008. The user interface runs in a web browser and has been redesigned to provide a cleaner, more consistent content management experience through Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
"We're honored to receive the 2012 Best of InfoComm Award from NEC and to support one of our favorite organizations in The Hirsch Academy," Matthews said. "Visix has built a reputation for longevity and commitment to the digital signage and professional audio-visual industries, so we're grateful for this recognition."
Other finalists in the competition included Actineon, Inc., Dataton, Haivision Network Video and Revolabs.
2012 Best of InfoComm judges making the winning selection were:
1. Lyle Bunn - Principal and Strategy Architect, BUNN Co.
2. Gary Kayye - Certified Technology Specialist and Founder, rAVe Publications
3. David Keene - Executive Editor, NewBay Media
4. Chuck Wilson - Executive Director, National Systems Contractors Association
InfoComm hosted more than 900 exhibitors at this year's event, showcasing thousands of products, including digital signage and other commercial audio-visual solutions.