Trio Carmel Offering Local Wines, Contemporary Art, Fresh Olive Oils and Vinegars is having a Fundraiser for The Hope Center of Monterey
Just Announced! Trio Carmel will be contributing $3/$2/$1 respectively for each Large/Medium/Small bottles of Olive Oil and Balsamic that sell from July 15th, - August 15th, 2012 to the Hope Center of Monterey.
- Salinas, CA (1888PressRelease) July 30, 2012 - Trio Carmel Offering Artisan Local Wines, Contemporary Art, Fresh Olive Oils and Vinegars. Offering Fundraiser for The Hope Center of Monterey From July 15th - August 15th, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California - Working hard and playing hard, Karl and Charlotte Empey have spent any free time they had in the last 20 years traveling abroad and learning about new cultures and experiences. Traveling and visiting friends and family throughout Europe, they learned to truly appreciate artisan winemaking which quickly led them fully appreciate fresh Olive Oils, and eventually art, recognizing that all three share a deep commitment to perfection during their creation.
With the grand opening of Trio Carmel in June 2012, Karl and Charlotte have brought together their passion for enjoying artisan wines, art, and olive oils and balsamic vinegars. The store has been built around the mission of sharing Karl and Charlottes' passions with locals and visitors to Carmel.
In honor of the grand opening of the store and Karl and Charlotte's belief in the importance of giving back to the local community, they will be contributing $3/$2/$1 respectively for each Large/Medium/Small bottles of Olive Oil and Balsamic that sell from July 15th, - August 15th, 2012 to the Hope Center of Monterey. In addition they will donate 5 percent of all other sales up to $1,000 during the same period.
The Hope Center of Monterey's mission is to establish a food pantry serving the Monterey Peninsula, helping our neighbors in need with supplemental groceries. The organization provides information regarding community services and empowers our children to make our world a better place.
Background on Trio Carmel:
The stores offers something for everyone:
Weekly Meet the Wine Maker Tasting Nights
Weekly winemaker tasting nights will be offered throughout the summer on Fridays at 3:00pm, with the next one taking place on Friday July 13th featuring Chris Weidemann from Pelerin Wines. The Wine Maker nights will allow visitors to meet the winemakers as well as taste a full line up of wines they offer. Our artists will also be highlighted throughout the year with events to be announced.
• Time: 3pm to 6pm (June through October)
• Cost: Standard tasting fees - $15 per person and includes additional wines not normally available for tasting
• No reservations required. Space is limited to a first come first serve basis
Artisan Monterey County Wines
Working with wine makers who art truly passionate about their art, Trio Carmel has chosen 3 wineries to offer for tasting in their store including Chualar Canyon, Mesa Del Sol and Pelerin wines.
• Ian Brand, winemaker at Chualar Canyon as well as for Coastview Vineyard and De Tierra Vineyard and others, is considered to be one of a few innovative young winemakers in Monterey County. Like many artisans, Ian's journey into winemaking was not direct but having found a way to express his natural talents, his passion for winemaking grew along with his portfolio of great wines.
• Mesa Del Sol - Climate and geology play a large part in making Mesa Del Sol wines spectacular. Lean, rocky soils, hot days and cool summer nights give nature a place to weave her magic. The land is nurtured using sustainable, organic farming practices and fed with living water from the trout pond. Salinas Valley innovator Jake Hougham and his wife Ann purchased the historic property in 1998 and planted red varietals there. Hougham passed away 2 years later and Ann has continued on with is dream. Past harvests have brought Mesa Del Sol accolades. Most notably the 2002 Hunter Hill. Syrah….winning Best of
Show at the 2005 California State Fair from a field of 2800 wines
• Rounding out the three is Pelerin wines. Pelerin is the French word for pilgrim. The motif represents an old world traveler on his humble journey and is emblematic of Chris Weidemann's quest to produce top-level wines from the Santa Lucia Highlands appellation. Chris is dedicated to traditional winemaking methods and to the creation of well-balanced wines with intensity, richness and multi-layered complexity. In true artisan style, Chris strives to express uniqueness and deliciousness in the wines, as well as to convey his passion and creativity to the people who enjoy them. Chris has worked at Newton Vineyard in Napa and Morgan Winery in the Santa Lucia Highlands before starting his own winery in 2002. He's also consulting winemaker at Paraiso Vineyards.
• Hours - 11am - 5 pm Sunday through Thursday, 11 am - 9 pm Friday & Saturday
• Standard tasting fee is $15 for a flight of 5 wines which is waived with wine purchases of $75 or more.
• All current vintage wines are available for purchase (not just those being tasted)
The first thing you notice when entering Trio Carmel is the vibrant and richly contemporary atmosphere that's generated by the fabulous work of the artists we exhibit. One consistent theme each of the artists share is that they have found a deeper meaning in their lives through art, following their intuition rather than a beaten path. The passion they exude in and for their work is both infectious and inspiring. We consider ourselves blessed to have such incredible individuals in our lives and honored to showcase their work.
•Patricia Qualls, Carmel Valley, CA - Patricia Qualls grew up on a modest farm in the Tennessee Valley, eventually finding her way to Carmel Valley where she now resides. Having discovered her artistic passion, she quickly gravitated to the 'purity' of expressionism, allowing for the physicality and spontaneity of the moment to move paint on canvas without influence or judgment from the outside. Frankenthaler called it "joyous abandon" and Qualls refers to it as "having freedom to experiment". Patricia is now a highly recognized expressionist artist, working full time in her art studio in Carmel Valley.
• Carol Ann, Tuscon, Az- A burning need for inner-inspired creativity and self-fulfillment led Carol Ann from a successful corporate career in the bourgeoning technology industry to her present nationally-recognized position as an innovative and colorful abstract artist. She paints from her life experience: family, travel, organic inspiration and the human experience are found in her work. In Carol's own words, "I paint interpretations of my joy and appreciation for a bountiful life. As is life, each painting is complex: color, texture, method, material, application, style and technique, subjective and emotional. Painting is a journey of self-discovery from a blank canvas through an intuitive and unpredictable process to a place of self-recognition. The painting is finished when we are one."
Ultra Premium Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars
"We invite all to come enjoy the complimentary tasting of our array of Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars--families are encouraged to bring their kids as they are often big proponents of our products," said Charlotte Empey. Our incredibly tasty and fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oils are seasonally sourced from around the world including Australia, Chile, Argentina, in addition to traditional producing countries such as Italy and Spain. California is also represented in the offerings including some local Carmel Valley oils. Trio offers oils that appeal to a variety of palettes including a variety of flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oils There are mild to more robust tasting olive oils which are all high on the spectrum for healthy antioxidants and high smoke points for cooking. Additionally there are some infused and fused Olive Oils with flavors that range from Lemon to Blood Orange to Garlic to Harissa Hot.
And, the Balsamic Vinegars are surprising everyone. The dark and white balsamic vinegars are all sourced from Modena, Italy. With over 15 to taste, you're sure to find one that you'll enjoy. Some of the favorites are Grapefruit, Fig, Blackberry Ginger, and the Traditional Red Balsamic.
Trio Carmel also offers gift basket services for corporate gifts, special occasions, and any other needs you may have. Groups can also reserve the space for special private tastings.
Phone - 831 250 7714
Web - www.TrioCarmel.com
PRESS CONTACT: KARL AND CHARLOTTE EMPEY (831) 236-5716