Triangle Technology Executives Council (TTEC) Announces Scholarship Winners
Two Local Students Recognized For Outstanding Academic Achievements
- Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC (1888PressRelease) October 14, 2010 - The Triangle Technology Executives Council (http://www.ncttec.net), a nonprofit organization dedicated to continuous education and economic development of technology companies in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina, has announced the recipients of its 2010 TTEC Scholarship. Peter Phillips, who is pursuing an MBA degree at Kenan-Flagler Business School in Chapel Hill, won the first place award of $6,000 for his performance at Bank of America, where he developed assessment Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance. R. Winslow Dalpe, currently studying at North Carolina State University, was awarded the second place prize of $4,000 for his work at Motorola, where he developed a software diagnostic tool for use by Motorola support technicians.
The competition was based on student performance during technology internships over the summer. Award criteria focused on performance and contributions made during the intern program with emphasis on future career goals. The scholarships were presented at the TTEC Scholarship Golf Classic on Oct. 11 at Brier Creek Country Club. Funds for the awards were raised through the event.
"We were impressed with Peter's professional insights and leadership capabilities, which he demonstrated during his engagement with Bank of America," said Director of TTEC Education Programs Chuck Piccirillo. "His advisors at Bank of America were thoroughly pleased with his contribution to their company this summer."
"Winslow demonstrated a firm grasp of HCI concepts and the situational awareness to develop into a leader in a technology organization," said TTEC Director of Scholarship Programs Bill Crosscup. "The senior engineers at Motorola were impressed with his skills."
ABOUT PETER PHILLIPS:
- Current MBA student at Kenan-Flagler Business School in Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Served as a Naval Aviator and Mission Commander flying P-3 Orion aircraft on multiple deployments.
ABOUT WINSLOW DALPE:
- Current student studying Human Computer Interaction (HCI) at NC State University.
- Aspires to advance intuitive interactions between consumers and emerging applications.
The Triangle Technology Executives Council (TTEC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the economic development of technology companies in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina through the collaboration among leaders in the management community. The council resources are primarily volunteers comprised of executive technology leadership in this region. TTEC sponsors who share the commitment for economic development in the area provide additional resources. The organization also partners with local universities and the Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED) to extend shared expertise to aspiring students and technology ventures. For more information please visit http://www.ncttec.net.
MMI Public Relations
jake ( @ ) mmipublicrelations dot com