Tie Up Any Holiday Loose Ends At Tie Up Any Holiday Loose Ends At
Salvation Army Gift Wrap Booth at Sherway Gardens (Hwy 427 & the QEW), beginning Thursday, December 1 until Saturday, December 24 at Sherway Square opposite the food court stairs. The depot will be open weekdays and Saturdays from 10 am until 8 pm, and December 24 from 10am to 3pm.
- (1888PressRelease) November 16, 2011 - Put the finishing touches on your Holiday shopping with a visit to the Salvation Army Gift Wrap Booth at Sherway Gardens (Hwy 427 & the QEW), beginning Thursday, December 1 until Saturday, December 24 at Sherway Square opposite the food court stairs. The depot will be open weekdays and Saturdays from 10 am until 8 pm, and December 24 from 10am to 3pm. There is no gift wrap service on Sundays. A bargain at just $5 minimum per package, with additional donations gratefully accepted, 100% of all proceeds go to fund The Salvation Army to assist those in need in the local community. Call 416-621-1070 for more information or visit www.sherwaygardens.ca.
The Salvation Army Gift Wrap Booth
December 1 until December 23
Weekdays & Saturdays: 10am - 8pm
December 24: 10 am - 3 pm
There is no gift-wrap service on Sundays
$5 minimum per package, with additional donations gratefully accepted
Sherway Square opposite the food court stairs
"We have gift wrapping down to an art at the Salvation Army Gift Wrap Booth," states June Ivany, The Salvation Army, Etobicoke Community Church. "It takes 140 volunteers approximately 1,655 man hours to wrap more than 5,000 gifts at Sherway Gardens. They use about 18,326 feet of wrap, 6,500 medium bows, 1,900 small bows and 47,250 yards of ribbon over the holiday season."
The Salvation Army, Etobicoke Community Church is excited to have Price Waterhouse Cooper and students from schools in the Etobicoke and Mississauga area providing "Volunteer Teams" who will be participating at the Salvation Army Gift Wrap Booth at Sherway Gardens.
"Men are our biggest customers," adds Ivany. "They appreciate the help and are thrilled to give their family, friends and colleagues gifts that are nicely wrapped!"
The money raised through the Salvation Army Gift Wrap Booth is used to assist men, women and children who come to The Salvation Army seeking help.
The Salvation Army genuinely appreciates the tremendous help from the students in the community and the support of Sherway Gardens over the past 30 years.
Tips for wrapping the perfect gift:
If it doesn't feel like the Holiday Season unless you do some of your own gift-wrapping, Sherway Gardens has some great tips to help make your gifts stand out:
• Instead of buying holiday-themed papers, purchase plain red, metallic silver or gold, and a beautiful white. Dress the papers up for the holidays using red, green or metallic ribbons. Any leftovers can be used for other gift giving occasions such as birthdays, simply by using different coloured ribbon.
• Cellophane bags are great for small non-fragile gifts such as baked goods and candies. Use coloured tissues and ribbons to make the bags stand out.
• Coloured tissue paper makes any gift more festive. Collect several colours to use when lining gift boxes to cushion delicate items.
• Remember to use stick-on tags when mailing gifts, or for a large gathering when the tag could come off. A great alternate idea is write the "to" and "from" information on a plain glass ball using a metallic marker and attach it to the gift with ribbon.
• Use a hole puncher to attach gift tags with ribbon or raffia.
But most of all have fun with your wrapping!