The National Association Of Securities Professionals Presents Encore V -Awards Celebration, Scholarship Fundraiser In Detroit
On Wednesday, April 13th, 2011, at 6:00 p.m. over 300 NASP-Detroit members and guests will convene to celebrate their highly anticipated event, Encore V - "Impacting Lives." Encore V is the 5th Annual Awards Ceremony and Scholarship Banquet Fundraiser in Detroit. Tickets are $150 and the proceeds will go towards scholarships for financially challenged college students of metro Detroit.
- Detroit, MI (1888PressRelease) April 12, 2011 - The National Association of Securities Professionals (NASP) is a nonprofit, 501 (c) (6) association comprised of professionals in the securities industry. NASP brings together the nation's minorities and women who have achieved recognition in the industry as brokers, asset managers, public finance consultants, investment bankers, bond counsel commercial bank underwriters, investors, plan sponsors and other finance professionals.
On Wednesday, April 13th, 2011, at 6:00 p.m. over 300 NASP-Detroit members and guests will convene to celebrate their highly anticipated event, Encore V - "Impacting Lives." The 5th Annual Awards Ceremony and Scholarship Banquet Fundraiser will take place at the prestigious Detroit Athletic Club located in downtown Detroit. Tickets are $150 and the proceeds will go towards scholarships for financially challenged college students of metro Detroit.
This awards ceremony and scholarship banquet fundraiser will also honor five dynamic individuals who have made a significant contribution or whose work has resulted in making an impactful difference to the financial services industry and community.
This year's honorees include:
• Ray Welborne Legend Award - Charlie Harrison, Chair, City of Pontiac Retirement System
• Unsung Hero Award -Cynthia Thomas, Administrator, City of Detroit Police & Fire Retirement System
• Maverick Award - Hiram Jackson, CEO, Real Times Media
• Measure of Excellence - Gail Perry Mason, Senior Director Investments, Oppenheimer & Company
• Lifetime Achievement Award - Jimmy Settles, Vice President/Director, UAW National Ford Dept
"The NASP-Detroit/Shafter Terry III Scholarship Fund has proudly awarded over $140,000 in scholarship funds to over 120 students since inception in 2007; and the heart-felt testimonials from deserving students, inspires our organization to do more," says Kathleen Colin, President, Detroit Chapter NASP and First Vice President of Investments, ICAP Securities, Jersey City, New Jersey.
"We are also pleased to honor five of Detroit's finest men and women who contributed significant inroads towards progress in the city of Detroit and beyond," says Kathleen Colin.
For more information about NASP and the Encore Awards Scholarship Banquet, please contact Cris Pierson at 586-202-4090 or cmpierson ( @ ) wowway dot com dot For media requests or pre-event interview opportunities, contact Lisa Wilmore at 313 dot 980 dot 4766 or e-mail at Lisa dot Wilmore ( @ ) comcast dot net dot
About the National Association of Securities Professionals
The National Association of Securities Professionals (NASP) is a nonprofit association of professionals in the securities industry. As a professional organization, NASP will serve as a resource for the minority community at large and for the minority professionals within the securities and investments industry by providing opportunities to share information about the securities markets, including functioning as a repository for information regarding current trends, facilitating fundamental educational seminars, and creating networking opportunities. NASP holds chapters in Detroit, Atlanta, Baltimore/D.C., Boston, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia and San Francisco. For more information, log on to: http://www.nasphq.org.