The Joint Commission to speak at Cancer Centers of Excellence Conference
The Cancer Centers of Excellence Conference will be held May 15-17, 2012 in the Meliá Atlanta hotel, conference producer GTC has confirmed.
- (1888PressRelease) April 10, 2012 - The Cancer Centers of Excellence Conference will be held May 15-17, 2012 in the Meliá Atlanta hotel, conference producer GTC has confirmed.
"We are pleased to offer business and administrative leaders at hospital departments, university centers and independent cancer care providers the opportunity to learn from and interact with their peers," said GTC president, James Liu. "Our advisors for this Conference have stressed the importance of focusing on the business issues unique to cancer centers and examining what tactics have proven to be successful. We felt inviting leadership from a range of [cancer care] providers to offer case-study presentations is the best way to accomplish this effort."
The Joint Commission leads off the Conference with a keynote presentation, Accreditation Standards for Disease Specific Certification. Preceding the main Conference, the pre-Summit Workshop "Developing a Sustainable Healthcare Business Model" is a special half-day event on May 15th.
Confirmed speakers, in addition to The Joint Commission, include:
• DelRia Baisden, Vice President, Southeast Georgia Health System
• Thomas D. Brown, MD, MBA, Chief Operating Officer, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona
• Ira S. Goodman, Associate Director for Administration, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
• Barbara Grillo, Vice President, Oncology, Maine Medical Center
• John E. Hennessy, Executive Director, CCP, Kansas City Cancer Center/University of Kansas Cancer Center
• Cory W. Jones, MBA, Administrative Director Oncology Clinical Program, Intermountain Healthcare
• Adriene Kinnaird, Executive Director of Cardiac and Cancer Services, Grady Health Systems
• Mark Witte, Executive Director, TriHealth Cancer Institute
The Cancer Centers of Excellence Conference is part of the larger, Healthcare Centers of Excellence Summit. Additional tracks at the Summit include, Diabetes Centers of Excellence Conference and Cardiac Centers of Excellence Conference.