Telematics Update Awards 2012 Winners Announced
The Telematics Update Awards uniquely offer organizations across the global telematics industry the opportunity to showcase their latest telematics products, services and initiatives to the wider world. They also are designed to recognize and to reflect the hard work, talent and potential in bringing to fruition real products and real advances in telematics.
- (1888PressRelease) June 07, 2012 - Last night, as part of a glamorous industry gala dinner, Telematics Update announced the winners of the Annual Telematics Update Awards at the Renaissance Hotel Barronette, Novi, MI.
12 well-deserved winners collected their trophies at the Telematics Update Awards ceremony.
The awards dinner took place on the eve of the Telematics Detroit 2012 Conference & Exhibition - the world's largest and most prestigious telematics conference which smashed all previous records as the most successful Telematics Detroit to date.
The entries were judged by a selection of independent consultants and industry experts.
The 2012 Telematics Update Awards winners …
1. Best Aftermarket Device or Solution Award
2. Best Automotive Application Award
3. Best Navigation Solution or Product Award
4. Best Telematics Content Aggregator Award
5. Best Telematics Safety & Security Solution Award - Joint Winner
6. Best Telematics Service or Solution for Commercial Vehicle Award
7. Best Telematics Service Provider Award
8. Global OEM Infotainment Solution Award
9. 2011/12 Industry Newcomer Award
10. Telematics Leadership Award - Joint Winner
Doug VanDagens, Director, Connected Service Solutions, Ford Motor Company
Johann Jungwirth, President & CEO, Mercedes-Benz, Research & Development North America, Inc.
Upon receiving the award for Best Telematics Service Provider, Kevin Link, Senior Vice President, Hughes Telematics said, "It's great to be recognized for all the hard work that we put into our products. It means a lot to us, and it means a lot to our employees. When we started five years ago, we told our customers and the industry that we would think out of the box and create an innovative platform. This is proof that we continue to do that."
Leo McCloskey, Vice President - Marketing for Airbiquity, responded to winning the award for Best Automotive Application: "This is a real honor for us as a company. We're very proud to be recognized by Telematics Update and look forward to sharing this success on an on-going basis with our customers and partners."
Audi's Anupam Malhotra, Manager - Connected Vehicle, AUDI, winner of Winner of Global OEM Infotainment Solution Award said, ""We are very honored to be recognized here, especially in front of such a distinguished crowd, every one of whom is doing an incredible job innovating every day."
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Director, Telematics Update
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7241 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7241