TeleHealth Services Announces Details of 2010 TIGR Interactive Patient Care User Conference
TIGRCon10, TeleHealth Services' User Conference, plans to focus on integrating interactive patient education technology into hospital's accreditation, patient safety and patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC (1888PressRelease) July 21, 2010 - TeleHealth Services, the nation's leading provider of healthcare grade televisions and on-demand interactive patient education solutions, announced today the dates and keynote speakers for TIGRCon10, the company's annual patient education user conference. The conference, which will be focused on learning to deliver an optimal patient recovery process and improve clinical workflow, will enable hospital leadership and staff members to share best practices, discuss the role of technology in shaping the patient experience, gain new ideas and perspectives through a power user panel, and network with colleagues in the industry. The two day conference will be segmented into clinical and technical learning tracks to maximize TIGR's value within a healthcare facility.
The event will take place from Thursday, October 7, 2010 to Friday, October 8, 2010 at the Hutton Hotel in Nashville, TN. For more information on the TIGR® User Group visit http://www.telehealth.com/tigrcon or call Michelle Dodge at (919) 772-8604.
The interactive patient education user conference will feature a keynote address by Diane Moyer, Associate Director of Patient Education at The Ohio State Medical Center, and, Kathy Ordelt, Patient and Family Education Coordinator at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Moyer is a recognized expert on health literacy, while Ordelt serves as a respected member of the Board for the Health Care Education Association. Moyer and Ordelt will discuss innovative ideas can be implemented in your own hospital for using interactive patient education systems to meet and exceed Joint Commission standards.
With more than 450 interactive patient care systems in the TeleHealth user community, TeleHealth Services has been able to engage some of the most advanced users of interactive educational systems. Attendees will receive instruction on how hospitals are integrating interactive patient education systems into hospital's accreditation, patient safety, patient satisfaction initiatives and clinical workflow.
"With interactive systems being utilized much more frequently in the hospital setting, unique solutions and best practices are becoming increasingly important to improving quality of care and creating optimal healing environments," said Ordelt. "With TeleHealth Services providing a forum for leaders to share their experiences with all aspects of patient education, a powerful community is created to help provide beneficial solutions at both the patient and hospital level."
TeleHealth Services' TIGR® Interactive Patient Education System delivers the optimal healing environment and quantifiable metrics, which can drive facility quality initiatives and satisfaction standards. By delivering the most scalable and extensive selection of powerful educational tools, TeleHealth Services' TIGR customizable platform improves patient satisfaction scores, provides support for clinical staff, helps automate workflow and aids in clinical accountability. By using a familiar delivery channel, patients and staff can improve the recovery process by accessing valuable education, communication and entertainment resources.
"We are excited for this unique opportunity to gain a deeper perspective into the many evidence based applications in which our partners are utilizing interactive patient care solutions," said George Fleming, President and CEO of TeleHealth Services. "With participants from leading hospitals across the country, we look forward to building upon the success of previous conferences and seeing a great cross- section of best practices from multiple clinical settings.."
"TIGRCon is the ideal forum for customers to meet with the TeleHealth team members and their fellow clinicians who truly understand the challenges they face in trying to improve the quality of care and lower the cost of healthcare today," said Matt Barker, Director of Marketing of TeleHealth Services. "Clients who use our systems every day are the ultimate authority on best practices of the system. The feedback clients share with us at TIGRCon helps determine where we invest our resources and how we enhance our solutions."
About TeleHealth Services:
With more than 2,500 healthcare clients across the country, TeleHealth Services is the nation's leading provider of integrated technology and communications solutions for the healthcare market. With 50+ years of healthcare expertise and partnerships with industry leading manufacturers, TeleHealth Services is uniquely positioned to offer a full suite of hospital technology solutions that includes:
• Interactive patient and staff education platforms
• Healthcare grade televisions and accessories
• Patient protection and security systems
• Bedside patient entertainment solutions
• The latest educational and entertainment content
• Custom designed communication systems
• Comprehensive design, implementation, and service packages
• Flexible financing solutions
Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, TeleHealth Services is a division of Telerent Leasing Corporation, which was founded in 1957. Telerent is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ITOCHU International, Inc., a U.S. company based in New York City and Global 500 Corporation. For more information on TeleHealth, call 800-733-8610, or visit at http://www.telehealth.com/.
Matthew K. Barker
Director of Marketing
matt.barker ( @ ) telehealth dot com