TechAmerica Georgia and TAG Announce Cool Technology Finalists for the 2011 Spirit of Endeavor Awards
TechAmerica Georgia and the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) today unveiled the finalists in the "Cool Technology" category for the ninth annual Spirit of Endeavor Awards.
- Atlanta, GA (1888PressRelease) December 08, 2011 - This category recognizes the Georgia company that has developed and/or introduced the most innovative new hardware, software or a technology-service in the state in the past 18 months and can demonstrate the success of that product over the past 12 months. The finalist companies include OpenStudy, Cardlytics, TripLingo, ViziTech USA and SoloHealth.
The winner of the "Cool Technology" award will be determined by onsite text voting at the Spirit of Endeavor Awards ceremony running from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on December 9, 2011, at TWELVE Atlantic Station in Atlanta. The Spirit of Endeavor Awards recognize and celebrate innovative technology companies and individuals in Georgia that drive new ideas, invigorate the community and lead people through technology.
"Each of our finalists in the 'Cool Technology' category represent some of the most innovative thinking in Georgia and we are proud to recognize them for their hard work to improve the way we live and do business through technology," said Tino Mantella, president and CEO for the Technology Association of Georgia and TechAmerica Georgia. "Georgia has become a hotbed for new and established technology companies and the Spirit of Endeavor Awards are our way of recognizing the companies here who are making a difference, not only in our state, but on a national and global level as well."
The "Cool Technology" finalists were nominated for the following reasons:
• OpenStudy is dubbed by TechCrunch as a "platform for Massively Multiplayer Study Groups." It connects students studying the same subjects into online study sessions where they can help each other understand lessons, prepare for tests and stay motivated. Currently 75,000 students from 190 different countries and 1,500 different schools are registered.
• Cardlytics Transaction-Driven Marketing platform is a unique advertising platform that enables banks to deliver rich, relevant rewards to their customers based on purchasing history while fully protecting their privacy. The platform is able to reach customers through online banking, mobile banking and mobile apps, social media, email, SMS and ATMs. The company recently secured $33 million in funding and is on track to reach 75 million U.S. households by Q2 2012.
• TripLingo creates a customized experience to help leisure and business travelers navigate the local lingo and culture. With apps available via the web, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Nook, TripLingo offers language tools in over 13 different languages and packages local customs, idioms and an intelligent learning system to make it easy for travelers to learn essential bits of the local language and culture both prior to and during trips.
• ViziTech USA holds proprietary intellectual property allowing the company to develop 3D imaging as HoloProjection images similar to the famed HOLODEK from the movie "Star Trek." The images are not confined to a video or screen, but rather move right out into the classroom, engage students and allow them to interact with machines or objects. Students can get a real feel of how something acts or operates by using their hands to control the interactive image. The company currently assists teachers and trainers in schools throughout Georgia, the Department of Defense and several Fortune 500 companies.
• SoloHealth offers the SoloHealth Station, a free and bilingual health screening kiosk that provides vision, blood pressure, weight, and body mass index screenings, as well as an overall health assessment and access to a database of local doctors. SoloHealth Station is a more comprehensive version of the company's Eyesite vision testing kiosk for which the company received a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to advance it into a more comprehensive self-service health and wellness station The company plans to provide highly personalized and interactive healthcare opportunities for consumers, advertisers and retailers by placing these kiosks in high-traffic retail locations. SoloHealth is targeting a nationwide rollout out of the SoloHealth Station in 2012.
The 2011 Spirit of Endeavor Awards are sponsored by Platinum sponsor Concurrent, Gold sponsor ASAP Solutions Group, and Silver sponsor Burnette Insurance, CresaPartners and Intel. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit the TAG Education Collaborative.
To register for the event, please visit: http://tiny.cc/SpiritofEndeavor or contact Kate Kelsey at 404.920.2012 or Kate ( @ ) tagonline dot org dot To see a complete list of nominations, please visit: http://www dot tagonline dot org/Spirit-of-Endeavor dot php dot
About TechAmerica Georgia
TechAmerica is the largest and strongest voice and resource for technology in the United States and is the industry's leading trade association. TechAmerica Georgia, formerly TechAmerica Southeast, was created in late 2009 under a unique partnership between TechAmerica and the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG), which provides operational management for the organization. TAG is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 14,000 members and hosting over 170 events each year. TAG's mission is to educate, promote, and unite Georgia's technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy. For more information visit the about TechAmerica Georgia and TAG, visit www.tagonline.org .
About The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 14,000 members and hosting over 170 events each year. TAG serves as an umbrella organization for 30 industry societies, each of which provides rich content for TAG constituents. TAG's mission is to educate, promote, and unite Georgia's technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy. The association provides members with access to networking and educational programs; recognizes and promotes Georgia's technology leaders and companies; and advocates for legislative action that enhances the state's economic climate for technology. Additionally, the TAG Education Collaborative (TAG's charitable arm) focuses on helping science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education initiatives thrive. For more information visit the TAG website at www.tagonline.org or TAG's community website at www.TAGthink.com. To learn about the TAG-Ed Collaborative visit http://www.tagedonline.org/.
Press release optimization services provided by Atlanta SEO Company Vayu Media. Vayu Media offers customized search engine optimization strategies to domestic and international companies.