Tattooed Mayor, US Stonehenges & Ripley's President - On April 23 Episode of Ripley Radio
Talking with a tattooed mayor, learning about Stonehedges in the US and an interview with Ripley's President Jim Pattison Jr. on the 100th episode of Ripley Radio.
- Orlando, FL (1888PressRelease) April 24, 2012 - This week marks the 100th episode of Ripley Radio - An On-Demand Oddcast and during the show we hear from Ripley's President Jim Pattison Jr. on how the show is helping keep Robert Ripley's legacy alive and current, and we also hear from many of our guests who we featured during the first 100 shows!
We talk with Ray Johnson, the 46-year mayor of Campo, Colo., who is thought to be the most heavily tattooed mayor in the US. Ralf questions him on how his constituency feels about all the ink. You'll be surprised at his response.
Additional Weird, Wacky, Bizarre and Wonderful topics Discussed this week:
• Ralf explains the terrible accident that was the demise of a celebrated earless rabbit born in Germany.
• We'll learn just how far it takes for a Guinea Pig to jump to set a world's record.
• Abby discusses Panda Dung Tea, a very expensive beverage.
• Angela lets us know there are at least 12 Stonehenges in the US - made with everything from cars to refrigerators.
• Ripley's Edward Meyer tells us that one of his latest acquisitions is a Last Supper made of Ivory Soap.
• Jodi Pliszka's segment this week on Weird Medical Maladies highlights Object Sexuality and tells the tale of a lady who has fallen into romantic love with the Statue of Liberty.
• AND our musical egress this week features the Eagles singing their 1977 hit, Hotel California.
Ripley Radio is a journey through the weird, wacky, whimsical, wild, and totally unbelievable world of the odd, strange and unusual. Each show provides listeners with amazing and absolutely true tales of today, as well as unbelievable facts culled from the extensive archives of the company that has been freaking out families for more than 90 years!
The weekly broadcast is an unpredictable and fun-filled show that proves beyond all dimensions that Ripley's is indeed, the global authority on the weird, strange, bizarre and the UNBELIEVABLE!
For detailed information on each show, the hosts and a look at the extensive archives, please visit the Ripley Radio website. Ripley Radio - An On-Demand Oddcast is also on Facebook. Drop by and "Like" us!
A new show is available every Monday morning on www.ripleyoddcast.com; www.webtalkradio.net; and www.cyberstationusa.com.
To listen on a mobile device, download the free app at www.stitcher.com
About Ripley Radio
Ripley Radio is owned by Ripley Entertainment Inc., keepers of the venerable Ripley's Believe It or Not! brand and is a global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 12 million guests visit its 80-plus world-wide attractions annually. The Orlando-based company also has divisions that oversee publishing, licensing and broadcast operations. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the third-largest privately held company in Canada.
Ripley Radio Executive Producer
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
obrien ( @ ) ripleys dot com
Office - 615-646-7465
Cell - 615-496-5949