Tata Motors Group global wholesales at 95,789 vehicles in October 2011
The Tata Motors Group global wholesales, including Jaguar Land Rover, were 95,789 nos., in October 2011, higher by 10% over October 2010. Cumulative sales for the fiscal are 642,431 higher by 7% compared to the corresponding period in 2010-11.
- (1888PressRelease) November 22, 2011 - Global sales of all commercial vehicles - Tata, Tata Daewoo and the Tata Hispano Carrocera range -- were 43,184 nos. in October 2011, a growth of 6%. Cumulative sales for the fiscal are 321,688 nos., a growth of 17%.
Global sales of all passenger vehicles were at 52,605 nos. in October 2011, higher by 14%. Cumulative sales for the fiscal are 320,743 nos., lower by 2%.
Global sales of Tata passenger vehicles and the distribution offtake in India of Fiat cars were at 26,447 nos., for the month, lower by 2% over October 2010. Cumulative sales for the fiscal are at 164,495 nos., lower by 15%.
Global sales of Jaguar Land Rover in October 2011 were at 26,158 vehicles, higher by 39% over October 2010. Jaguar sales for the month were 5,231 nos., higher by 63%, while Land Rover sales were 20,927 nos., higher by 34%. Cumulative sales of Jaguar Land Rover for the fiscal are 156,248 nos., higher by 17%. Cumulative sales of Jaguar are 29,880 nos., lower by 9%, while cumulative sales of Land Rover are 126,368 nos., higher by 26%.
About Tata Motors
Tata Motors is India's largest automobile company, with consolidated revenues of Rs. 1,23,133 crores ($ 27 billion) in 2010-11. Through subsidiaries and associate companies, Tata Motors has operations in the UK, South Korea, Thailand, Spain and South Africa. Among them is Jaguar Land Rover, the business comprising the two iconic British brands. It also distributes Fiat cars in India, and has an industrial joint venture with Fiat in India. With over 5.9 million Tata vehicles plying in India, Tata Motors is the country's market leader in commercial vehicles and among the top three in passenger vehicles. It is also the world's fourth largest truck manufacturer and the third largest bus manufacturer. Tata cars, buses and trucks are being marketed in several countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia and South America.