TalentHunter.com and RCA team up to provide aspiring talent the chance to win an RCA Small Wonder to help them prepare for auditions and paid gigs.
(1888PressRelease) November 01, 2008 - HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. – Audiovox Corporation (NASDAQ: VOXX). TalentHunter.com is helping aspiring actors and actresses get ready for auditions and gigs by launching its “Small Wonder to Big Star” contest, where TalentHunter.com visitors can win an RCA Small Wonder™ digital camcorder. The contest encourages users to upload creative footage, which visitors vote on each week, and the creator of the most popular video of the week wins an RCA Small Wonder digital camcorder to help them record and refine their rehearsals. The “Small Wonder to Big Star” contest runs through December 31, 2008 on TalentHunter.com.
“In this digitally-driven world, aspiring professionals are landing their next job through instant online connections,” says Richard Fox, Co-Founder of TalentHunter.com and Vice President of Monarch Holding Group, Inc. “TalentHunter.com provides real-time job opportunities and more than 10,000 talented people join us each week to land gigs using the service. You can get ready for primetime with tools like the RCA Small Wonder, which enables you to self-record, upload and share personal videos within seconds.”
To get ready for an acting gig, try Fox’s top tips.
Richard Fox’s Ten Tips for Making it Big:
1. Quality Headshots Sell You – Have a variety of pictures taken from different angles that reflect “the real you.”
2. Two-Minute Intro – Tape a brief, personal intro to demonstrate versatility to Casting Directors and industry pros. An RCA Small Wonder digital camcorder makes it simple to record, edit and share on TalentHunter.com.
3. Practice, Practice, Practice! – Tape and watch your presentation so you can refine your performance and perfect your craft.
4. Get Honest Feedback – Share taped and live performances with trusted friends and family. Ask for honest feedback, then refine your act.
5. Do Your Homework – Leave nothing to chance. Auditions are where industry pros make final casting decisions. Be prepared and it will show.
6. Market Yourself – Industry pros find the actor they’ve visualized for the part at auditions, so know what they’re seeking, show your range and dress appropriately.
7. Be Professional – Everyone wants to work with people who are easy to work with, so show you take direction well and know what you’re doing. Enter auditions with confidence and smile!
8. Get into Character – Stay focused, be creative and get into character when performing.
9. Interaction is Essential – Remember to relate to acting partners and props during an audition, just as you would after booking the part.
10. Know When to Exit – Exit politely and promptly after your audition, unless the panel tells you otherwise.
Bonus Tip: Work Your Contacts – Network with other actors on TalentHunter.com and friends in the industry because it’s all about who you know!
For more information on the “Small Wonder to Big Star” contest, visit http://talenthunter.com , where you can find full contest rules. To learn more about the RCA Small Wonder, go to http://rcaaudiovideo.com/ or become a “fan” of RCA on Facebook at http://www.tinyurl.com/rcaonfacebook.