Steve Gurney To Join The Linked Senior Board Of Advisors
Senior housing industry veteran to join technology firm board.
- (1888PressRelease) July 09, 2010 - Washington DC - Linked Senior, Inc. is proud to announce today that Mr. Steve Gurney will be joining its board of advisors. He will bring to the team his extensive knowledge of the senior housing market, his qualities as a successful entrepreneur and his visionary approach to aging and culture change.
Steve Gurney founded Douglas Publishing in 1990 to publish Guide to Retirement Living. Drawing from the experience of observing his family caring for Steve's aging grandfather, he created a comprehensive publication to help others in the same situation. Steve has worked closely with nearly every regional and national organization on aging to help maximize their exposure and helping find solutions to their challenges.
In 1998, Mr. Gurney sold his company to Greater Washington Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of The Washington Post Company. He continues to serve as publisher and has dramatically grown the business under the new ownership.
Mr. Gurney serves or has served on the board of directors for the Alzheimer's Association, Interages, Business and Aging Task Force, Virginia Intergenerational Task Force, and the Beacon Institute.
Steve has served on countless committees and provided guidance to help organizations and businesses better serve the senior population. Mr. Gurney has received awards and recognition from the Maryland Assisted Living Association, the Senior Marketing Institute and other notable organizations. Mr. Gurney has served on the faculty of the Johns Hopkins University Odyssey Program and served as an instructor at several universities and corporate training programs. Steve is a regular speaker at local, regional and national events and has been featured in regional and national publications, electronic and broadcast media.
Steve Gurney received a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Old Dominion University and a Masters Degree from the Erickson School of Aging Studies at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC).
Steve Gurney joins a board already composed of these advisors:
• Cristelle Ghekiere - A.P.M. Expert on Senior Issues/ Benchmarking and Innovation Expert.
• Remi Grosjean - Financial Models and Opportunity Valuation Expert
• Larry Shotland - Noise and Acoustics Consultant
• Andy Speter - Publishing Industry Veteran
• Nancy Ewald - Activity & Innovative Program Development Veteran
• William Adams - Chief Financial Officer with a proven record of accomplishment in accounting, finance, budgeting, information technology, and human resources.
Linked Senior is the first company to offer a full portal-like digital entertainment center for the 50+. That system includes the first MP3 player designed for seniors, a touch screen interface for content selection and content tailored for seniors.
Linked Senior's vision is to enhance the life of the elderly in senior communities through better access to information, entertainment, education & therapy. Its service opens communities to the world while helping management improve their programming, their bottom line and address federal regulations.
Headquartered in Washington DC, Linked Senior Inc. is one of the leading providers of entertainment & technology solutions for retirement communities. More information can be found here: www.linkedsenior.com