Skinit Releases Tablet Skin Sales Stats In Conjunction With Product Announcements
Skinit's On-Demand Platform Finds Sales Trends upon the New iPad Announcement.
- San Diego, CA (1888PressRelease) March 31, 2012 - Skinit, Inc., the global leader in on-demand personalization technology, today released tablet personalization sales statistics that show the effect of recent product announcements on customer purchase decisions. Skinit's findings indicate that the New Apple iPad announcement and decision to keep the iPad 2 in circulation has pushed initial sales of skins and accessories past (for the same period) the first 2 iPad releases. This customer reaction has drastically reversed recent trends of the Skinit tablet accessory landscape bringing the Apple products to the forefront past the recently active Kindle segment.
Skinit.com analytics show:
• New iPad Sales Far Exceed iPad 2 Initial Sales: Since Skinit.com launched the New iPad skins and accessories along with Apple's March 7th, 2012 announcement, New iPad accessory sales have already exceeded those of the iPad 2 launch in 2011 for the same time period.
• New iPad Launches Apple Sales Past Kindle: Since the New iPad launch announcement, total Apple iPad accessory sales have skyrocketed on Skinit.com, surpassing the Kindle by a ratio of 2.5 to 1. Up to this point in 2012, Apple and Kindle have equally dominated the Skinit.com tablet market with nearly 85 percent of tablet sales.
• Kindle Fire Accessory Sales Spiked With Launch: In 2011, Apple strictly dominated the Skinit.com tablet landscape with over 70 percent of tablet accessory sales. Upon the Fire announcement, Apple's Skinit.com market share went from 70 percent to nearly 45 percent while the Kindle's share went from 17 percent to 40 percent. Since, Apple and Kindle tablet revenue on Skinit.com has been tracking at approximately 85 percent of the total tablet sales of skins and accessories with Apple ahead by a mere 5 percent.
• Other Tablet Accessory Stats: Other minor players have not made significant movements, including the Nook, which announced a new version in May of 2011. This announcement took the Nook sales from 1 percent Skinit.com tablet market share to 6 percent. Samsung tablet models have been nearly flat at 2 percent.
"At Skinit, we leverage our analytics platform for design, brand, trend, color and pattern engineering for our consumers and enterprise partners. We also have the ability to track device trends in market. Our analytics indicated that when the new iPad launched, it immediately dominated Skinit.com's tablet market share for all previous and current models," said Lewis Chang, vice president of e-commerce and marketing, Skinit. "We knew within two weeks of the Kindle Fire launch, that it would be a force to be reckoned with in in terms of sales volume. The Kindle's market share within the tablet industry held close to Apple's for nearly four months. These trends reinforce that the Skinit platform is one of kind, offering data surrounding device model trending, design, color and brands."
From day of the New iPad release until March 30, 2012, make any purchase on Skinit.com and you will be entered to win an iPad prize pack, which includes: a new Apple iPad (16GB WiFi), a Skinit new iPad skin and a clear case for the new iPad. To learn more about the iPad prize pack giveaway, visit: http://www.skinit.com/landing_page.php?id=new-ipad-sweepstakes&intcmp=T-M-HPG-4-MKT-new-ipad-giveaway-030912-LAN
These findings are based on data from the Skinit On-Demand Platform, an analytics-based trend modeling solution that uses customer engagement to enable supply chains to maintain the most accurate supply and demand equilibrium. The Skinit On-Demand Platform collects data from over 200 million page views a year, tracking and analyzing consumers' behavior surrounding the customization of devices such as tablets, mobile phones, laptops and gaming systems. This data enables Skinit's clients to be better informed and more reactive to market demand, ultimately leading to the most accurate product forecasts. As a result, Skinit customers can reduce supply chain costs, inventory carry costs and forecast errors. All data is anonymous. Skinit currently powers more than 19 personalization programs for Fortune 1000 companies including the medical, wireless, retail, consumer electronic, home appliance and commercial graphics market.
To learn more about Skinit, please visit: http://www.skinit.com/.
About Skinit, Inc.
Skinit, Inc. is the industry leader in on-demand personalization technology, including the manufacturing and distribution of customized products for electronic devices. Skinit's award winning e-commerce business offers mass customization tools that allow consumers to create branded, personalized protective cases, covers and skins for mobile consumer devices. Skinit offers Fortune 500 companies mass customization technologies through patented on-demand personalization platforms as turnkey solutions in the supply chain with software as a solution. Skinit continues to lead advancements in mass customization with patented solutions in multi-layered first surface permanent decoration and on demand vinyl technologies.