Singer/songwriter Maya Solovey Brings Music & More During September Brooklyn Residency
Award Winning Singer/songwriter Maya Solovey Has Been Invited To Do A Residency At Pete's Candy Store In Brooklyn, New York.
- (1888PressRelease) August 19, 2010 - Maya will perform every Tuesday throughout September at 10:00 p.m. Bringing a new spin to the residency format, each performance will have a theme for the night, from Indian Summer/Harvest Moon to Instant Grati. To complement and theme, Maya will personally serve the audience with her own homemade finger foods, and mingle with the attendees prior to each show.
Solovey stated, "Being able to do this residency is very exciting for me. Having themes for each night with respect to both the music and food gives me the opportunity to share more of myself, my heritage and my music with the audience. It allows me to explore more deeply the facets of what I do and am capable of doing as an artist."
Solovey will perform at Pete's on September 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th at 10:00 p.m. Themes include:
* September 7th - Indian Summer/Harvest Moon
* September 14th - Saudade Night
* September 21st - Heartbreak Hotel
* September 28th - Instant Grati
Pete's Candy Store
709 Lorimer Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211 (Williamsburg)
As an international artist and a trilingual songwriter, Maya Solovey has merged the acoustic/folk songwriting tradition into the territories of pop, bossa nova, and even the high drama of cinematic scoring. Her music is a surprising, yet rational marriage between many cultures as she sings in Portuguese, Spanish and her native English tongue. Her new self-titled album, Maya Solovey, released July 15th, has already gathered notice from journalists and music critics. Her song "Eu Vi" was featured in a Ralph Lauren runway video for winter fashion week, while her song "Como Yo Lloro Por Ti" will be featured on a in a FIFA World Cup compilation, and another 3 songs will be featured in an upcoming shark documentary called "Shark Allies". Tom Moon, on air critic for NPR, and journalist for Rolling Stone and Spin Magazine said, "Here's a rarity: An original voice who really is original! Drawing inspiration from all over the map, Maya Solovey has developed a deep, enchanting sound that's unlike anything else out there right now." Bassy Bob Brockmann, a multiple Grammy winning producer/mixer said, "Maya Solovey is an exceptional songwriter, possessed of a voice that is haunting, soothing, and erotic all at the same time. Her music, I'm sure, will change the world."
Eric de Fontenay
18-14 Astoria Blvd.
Astoria, NY 11102
ecfont ( @ ) musicdish dot net