Shmoop Launches Online CAHSEE Prep to Engage Struggling (and Bored) High School Students in California
Casey was voted off American Idol, but you can still have a CAHSEE in your hearts and on your web browser.
- (1888PressRelease) May 19, 2011 - Mountain View, California - Shmoop (www.shmoop.com), a digital curriculum and test prep company that aims to suck less of the joy out of the learning process today announced the launch of an Online Test Prep Course for the CAHSEE (that's the California High School Exit Examination for you Michiganders).
"Most test prep companies approach the CAHSEE by charging schools exorbitant fees for the privilege of 'talking down to' students and putting said students to sleep," said Ellen Siminoff, CEO of Shmoop. "We meet struggling learners on their own level. We grab their interest by littering our reviews with pop culture references, music, fashion, sports, and video games. Like we're hip. We speak Student."
What's inside Shmoop's Online CAHSEE Prep Course
• Examples that you won't find anywhere else. To wit, we hold students' hand in these classics:
o "How to write an essay" (that's not a giant "S" then an "A" on the page)
o Why Pythagoras was the original rock star
o How to calculate the time it will take you to get home from college to do your laundry (or rather, how long it'll take mom to do it)
• 100s of Explanations, Examples and Exercises covering every California State Standard you need to know for the exam
• 2 full-length interactive CAHSEE practice tests
• 600 Practice Problems with immediate feedback and explanations
• Practice Essays
• Shmoints (crush your friends by answering questions correctly, score a Shmoop t-shirt, enter the nerd Hall of Fame)
Shmoop also offers Online Test Prep Courses for SAT, ACT, PSAT , and 9 of the most popular AP Exams. We like tooting our horn when we have good stuff to offer. So TOOT2.
Shmoop is a digital curriculum and test prep company that makes fun, rigorous learning and teaching materials. Shmoop content is written by master teachers and Ph.D. students from Stanford, Harvard, UC Berkeley, and other top universities. Shmoop Learning Guides, Test Prep, and Teacher's Editions balance a teen-friendly, approachable style with academically rigorous materials to help students understand how subjects relate to their daily lives. Shmoop offers more than 7,000 titles across the Web, iPhone, Android devices, iPad, Kindle, Nook, and Sony Reader. The company has been honored twice by the Webby Awards and was named "Best in Tech" for 2010 and 2011 by Scholastic Administrator Magazine. Launched in 2008, Shmoop is headquartered in a Labradoodle-patrolled office in Mountain View, Calif.
- Paul Thompson
- Shmoop University
P.O. Box 70186
Sunnyvale, California 94086
- Voice: 650-488-7778
- Visit our Site