Sherpa of Happiness Valerie Sheppard Tells How to Feel More Powerful During Challenging Times
Valerie Sheppard's new e-book released, "The Power Behind Power - Wisdom for Creating a Life Well-Lived".
- Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA (1888PressRelease) November 22, 2011 - Los Angeles, November 18, 2011-Many people talk about the coming Age of Enlightenment while others talk about the end of the world. Regardless of which future-view you agree with, today, it often feels like we're in the midst of what appears to be non-stop chaos. Unemployment levels are on the rise to all-time highs and those who are fortunate enough to have jobs are over-stressed trying to do more with less time and resources. Globally, financial upheaval, social strife, political turmoil, and back-to-back natural disasters are making the headlines almost daily.
"The boycotts, riots, and demonstrations we're seeing are drastic actions signaling that people from all walks of life are feeling like their worlds have spun out of control," says Intrinsic Coach and Sherpa of Happiness Valerie Sheppard. Outside influences are creating situations they cannot endure, and many feel powerless to do anything about them. In Sheppard's new e-book, "The Power Behind Power - Wisdom for Creating a Life Well-Lived" ($4.97), she shares practical and actionable tips that can help people tap into the powerful aspects of themselves and respond in productive ways to whatever is going on around them. The issue of masses feeling powerless should be of significant concern. Historians and sociologists have said that when people feel powerless they are more easily led and often by people whose solutions can create more harm than good, causing danger to our society and individuals. But where does true power come from?
Sheppard believes that many people today are looking for power in the wrong places. "You don't have to 'walk softly and carry a big stick,' have political clout, or lots of money. It doesn't come from anything outside of you at all. True and lasting power comes from within," says Sheppard.
The new e-book is designed to help people move through feelings that make them believe there are no alternatives, and to see how they can create their own light at the end of the tunnel. To help people shift their mindset from powerlessness to feeling powerful, she shares these tips and many more in "The Power Behind Power - Wisdom for Creating a Life Well-Lived":
• Let go of timing: Life is a process, not an event. Few things are instantaneously achieved. Yet, often, we get attached to having things happen on a timeline that we established. Sometimes these are unrealistic. When outer appearances suggest things have stagnated or are even derailed, they may in fact simply be moving along on a slower timing than we want. In these cases, we must set our intention, keep moving toward our goals despite set-backs or delays and trust in Divine timing.
• Find ways to appreciate more: Appreciation is a powerful heart-based quality that regenerates us mentally, emotionally and physically according to the Institute for HeartMath, a non-profit organization dedicated to researching Heart Intelligence and stress management. Appreciation is at the center of enthusiasm, enthusiasm is the root of passion, and passion fuels empowerment. Here are three easy steps to increase your appreciation: Start by recognizing yourself and your gifts, talents, and skills. Then extend that to the problem you want to solve and how your solution is perfect for it. Envision those that you and your solution will help.
• Watch for opportunities: They come to you every day. The question is, are you seeing and exploring them? Sometimes, we get so focused on pursuing our vision, that we see opportunities as a distraction or disruption. That doesn't serve you. Be careful to take ample time to explore the possibilities as new things present themselves. As you release attachment to the way you're doing things and the timing of the outcome, and instead, embrace exploration of new options, you may find amazing gifts that take you further than your original vision and maybe even faster.
• Stay connected to your Why: It's no secret that in the course of getting things done; we hit delays, pitfalls, potholes, and roadblocks. How and how many times we tackle them is often about how deeply we connect with the reason we're doing it in the first place. The reason why you're committed to something is the fuel in your engine. When the way becomes unclear or difficult, the power in the why is what can get you through. So before embarking on your journey, spend some time getting really clear on all the reasons you want to go. Do this from a number of perspectives, looking beyond material aspects and intellectual justifications to reasons that make you catch your breath or engage your heart. If you hit a snag or delay go back to your why for a boost of resilience.
As part of her commitment to helping people manage through the struggles of today, Sheppard is making her e-book available for free to economic empowerment non-profit organizations in the United States and Africa.
To learn more tips from Sheppard, download her insightful new e-book that will help you easily access and activate the power that resides within you. Visit www.HeartofLivingVibrantly.com/power-book/
For more information and to register for The Heart of Living Vibrantly Free online coaching community, visit http://HeartofLivingVibrantly.com
Contact: Lisa Elia Public Relations e-mail: lisa ( @ ) lisaeliapr dot com