Secret Rose Theatre Presents "She Wrights - One-Act Plays by Women Playwrights"
An evening of five one-act plays.
- Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA (1888PressRelease) December 26, 2011 - The Secret Rose Theatre announces its presentation of "She Wrights - One-Act Plays by Women Playwrights" running January 13 to September 29. This production includes five one-act plays by five women writers.
· PICKETING FOR THE PROS Written by Ari Chadwick-Saund: Picketing for Pros is a multi-level satire involving three women, two questionably tasteful signs, and an abortion clinic. Directed by Jon Cortez.
Ari Chadwick-Saund is a playwright currently residing in Oregon, and she loves puppies, theatre, feminism, and optical health (because she's a geek).
· DAY 41 Written by Rhea MacCallum: Two women, one imprisoned by her beliefs, the other by her circumstances, face off over the right to choose. Directed by Lesley Asistio
Internationally produced playwright, Rhea MacCallum, has written numerous short plays and was recently awarded Best Drama at the LADmatters Film and Theatre Festival and the Silver Quill at the Tehachapi Playwright's Festival.
· LET'S HAVE A BABY Written by Jamie Moniz: Childbirth, the comedy. Directed by America Young.
Jamie Moniz's writing credits include the award winning web series, Stalker Chronicles, and the short film "Intrepid Nothing;" which earned Official Selection at the Dances with Films Festival and the Feel Good Film Festival.
· THE SESSION Written by Carol Anne Seflinger: A woman with some unusual concerns meets with a new therapist for the first time, and by the end of the session, the therapist (and perhaps, the audience) may be seeking help. Directed by Dallas Dorsett.
Carol Anne Seflinger had been writing monologues for well over 15 years to come up with fresh audition pieces for herself as an actor, and since then has branched out via several workshops to also include short and full length plays; several of which have been published and/or showcased over the past few years.
· HAPPY AND GAY Written by Mary Steelsmith: Two women stress over how to "correctly" decorate their church's fellowship hall for its first gay wedding. Directed by Susan Stangl.
Mary Steelsmith is the only woman to have won the Helford prize; her play "Happy and Gay" won the Eileen Heckert competition.
"She Wrights - One Acts by Women Playwrights" runs for three weeks only opening on January 13 and running through January 29, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 PM, Sunday matinees at 2:00 PM.
Tickets are $15.00 General Admission and can be purchase online at www.secretrose.com. The Secret Rose Theatre is located at 11246 Magnolia Blvd in the NoHo Arts District of North Hollywood, CA 91601.
Formed in 1999, the Secret Rose Theatre is an independent theatre venue owned and operated by Mike Rademaekers. Its mission is to provide theatrical productions and performances to the community that will encourage community involvement and participation, and that will promote multicultural awareness and education in the performing arts, by implementing projects devoted, but not limited to, youth programs, preserving classic works and developing new and cultural performing arts pieces.
mike ( @ ) secretrose dot com