Save the Date: ADHD Aware 1st Annual Youth Leadership Summit, 2012
1st National ADHD Youth Leadership Summit Empowers Young People to Discover the Leader Within.
- Philadelphia, PA-NJ (1888PressRelease) April 06, 2012 - ADHD Aware, a non-profit organization run by, and for, people with ADHD, is pleased to announce that it will host the 1st National ADHD Youth Leadership Summit on July 7, 2012.
This day-long event, geared towards young people ages 8 - 18 years, will be held at the University of Pennsylvania and is expected to draw families affected by ADHD from across the country.
The Summit workshops are intended to be as fun as they are informative and include such topics as:
• Discover a Community of Kids
• Find the Leader Within You
• Be Inspired and Empowered
• Celebrate your Uniqueness
• Learn Strategies for Success
Parents, friends and professionals are also welcomed to attend this Leadership Track, as all are welcomed to be educated, empowered and join the effort to change the world!.
Speakers are luminaries in the field of ADHD and include Dr. Patricia Quinn, Dr. Anthony Rostain, Dr. Russell Ramsey.
The host organization, ADHD Aware, supports the wellbeing of those affected by ADHD by creating a space where:
• Children discover strength in numbers and the power of acceptance
• Families find information and strategies designed specifically with the realities of their lives in mind
• Professionals can access the latest research on ADHD and its treatment
• The Greater Community discovers the courage and competence of those living with ADHD
Attorney Natalie Knochenhauer founded ADHD Aware in 2008. Her goal is to empower people with ADHD while raising awareness and changing public opinion about this serious disease.
"I have ADHD, and so do my four children. I've been amazed at how little people know about ADHD, so I decided to stand up and speak out about our experiences. Many people don't take ADHD seriously, and we need to change that" declares Knochenhauer. "We're building a worldwide community of empowered ADHD families to speak out and change the way the world views ADHD. Even if you have one hour to give, you can help us raise awareness".
SAVE THE DATE
What: 1st National ADHD Youth Leadership Summit
When: July 7, 2012, 7:30AM - 4:00 PM
Where: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Details and registration can be found on the ADHD Aware website at adhdaware.org. ADHD Aware's conference hotel is Sheraton Philadelphia - University City. A special rate has been negotiated for National ADHD Youth Summit attendees. Hotel reservations for the Summit are now being accepted.
Immediate Summit registration is suggested as space is limited.
Learn more about ADHD Aware by visiting http://adhdaware.org