Salaam Hearts, A Compatibility-Based Matching Website for Muslims, Has Been Launched
In response to the needs of Muslims in North America and worldwide to find a suitable spouse, Kamal Shaarawy, a Muslim counselor living in the U.S., has launched an online matchmaking service. Noting the rising rate of divorce and the number of couples who seek counseling because of basic incompatibilities, Kamal created an in-depth compatibility questionnaire and matching system.
- San Francisco, CA (1888PressRelease) March 20, 2011 - There are a number of online matchmaking sites geared toward Muslims, but none which use a scientifically sound matching algorithm to match its members based on compatibility. Additionally, a common complaint amongst Muslims who use these sites is that they are not a suitable venue for Muslims who want to feel secure and able to abide by Islamic etiquette and its boundaries of modesty and decency. SalaamHearts.com is a matchmaking website that fulfills both criteria: matching based on compatibility and conformity to Islamic guidelines.
Salaam Hearts distinguishes itself from the other Muslim matching sites by providing the following:
• A design and operation according to Islamic guidelines
• A scientifically sound matching algorithm based on an in-depth compatibility questionnaire which is used to provide only the highest quality matches; the compatibility questionnaire looks at eight categories-emotional, intellectual, and spiritual/religious orientation, degree of self-awareness, openness to personal growth and change, habits of spending and saving, cultural orientation, life-goals and personal vision of marriage
• Matches that are pre-qualified, based upon in-depth compatibility, rather than just a long list of so-called "matches" which are based on factual data such as age or educational level
• An option for those members whose parent or relative (wali) will be chaperoning the spouse selection process
• A founder and director, Kamal Shaarawy, who has extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of psychology and years of experience in counseling, as well as having majored in Islamic Studies at Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt
• Pre-marital coaching offered through Salaam Hearts' sister website, LivingEman.com, for prospective couples who wish to further prepare themselves for marriage.
Salaam Hearts really is the best of both worlds using high-tech capabilities to offer greater options for Muslims seeking to marry; and at the same time providing a framework for its members to feel secure and able to abide by Islamic etiquette and its boundaries of modesty and decency.