ReportsnReports.com : Omega-3 Foods and Beverages in the US 3rd Edition
Packaged Facts's Report "Omega-3 Foods and Beverages in the US 3rd Edition" is now available at ReportsnReports.com.
- Dallas, TX (1888PressRelease) June 29, 2011 - Omega-3 fatty acids are emerging as some of the most widely beneficial compounds in human health. The three omega-3 fatty acids commonly recognized in the scientific literature as having health benefits are docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and to a lesser extent, alpha linolenic acid (ALA). These omega-3s are derived mostly from marine and plant sources, typically fish, algae or flax.
First touted it contributions to cardiovascular health, omega-3 is now associated with the prevention of disorders ranging from eye disease to depression, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children to muscle degeneration in the elderly. Even as medical research is uncovering new health benefits to consumption of omega-3, novel production technologies are allowing for the addition of omega-3 oils to an expanding number of food and beverage products and product categories.
Omega-3 Foods and Beverages in the U.S. contains comprehensive data on the U.S. market for foods and beverages enhanced with omega-3. Historical retail sales data (2006-2010) and forecast data (2011-2015) are provided for the U.S. market. The report discusses key trends affecting the marketplace, trends driving growth, and consumer demographics and psychographics. The report profiles major suppliers and marketers of high omega-3/omega-enhanced products in the U.S. market, as well as innovative companies in both of these sectors.
Scope of Report
This report focuses on retail food and beverage products (excluding fish products) that are marketed as bearing high omega-3 or DHA content, which predominantly means products that are enhanced or fortified with omega-3 fatty acids. A number of marine and non-marine food sources inherently contain omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish oil, algal oil, canola oil, soybean oil, flaxseed, and walnuts. These and other high omega-3 ingredients are commonly added to food and beverage products to enhance their omega content, and the resulting products are those included in data and discussions in this report. In addition, this report includes as part of the market products such as breads, nut milks, and hemp milk that naturally contain omega-3 and are flagged as high omega-3 or high DHA, regardless of whether the product formulations are "naturally" high-omega or are specifically formulated or fortified as such.
This report also includes a qualitative discussion of the various omega-3 ingredients available to food formulators, including an overview of the marketers of these ingredients.
Fish products (fresh, canned and frozen) are excluded from the scope of this report, although fish products may bear high-omega claims to boast of their inherent omega content. In addition, this report generally excludes dietary supplements and infant formulas in quantitative discussions, since both are regulated very differently than foods and beverages.
What This Report Provides
Omega-3 Foods and Beverages in the U.S. offers market and trend analysis to allow succinct assessment of this evolving sector. The report balances insight into qualitative aspects of this market with comprehensive quantitative analysis, including proprietary Packaged Facts survey data on U.S. grocery shopper health and nutrition psychographics and the percentage of U.S. grocery shoppers who are purchasing products with high-omega claims, in relation to other key nutritional concerns and functional ingredients.
This report also includes a lengthy qualitative discussion of the various omega ingredients available to food formulators, including an overview of the suppliers of these ingredients and well as competitive activity among the marketers of retail products.
Benefits of this Report
This report provides a valuable, timely and comprehensive exploration of the U.S. omega-3 food and beverage market that is aimed at companies already participating in this sector, companies that are considering entering this booming market, or those who are tracking activities and trends in this sector. The current market is assessed in detail, with market sales and trends projected through 2015.
This report will assist:
• Business development executives in understanding the dynamics of the market and identify possible rivals or partners
• Research and development professionals in keeping up-to-date on competitor initiatives
• Marketing managers in identifying market opportunities and developing targeted plans for omega-3 food and beverage products
• Advertising agencies working with clients in the financial and retail industries to understand the product end user in developing successful marketing, advertising, and promotional programs
• Information and research center librarians in providing market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with vital information for projects and decision-making
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 75,000 market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
7557 Rambler road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231
Tel: +1-888-989-8004 EXT 106