Redbird LED Completes Linear LED Lighting Retrofit at Saint Patrick's Episcopal Church
Redbird LED completes energy efficient lighting retrofit for Saint Patrick's Episcopal Church to provide energy savings and lower their environmental Impact.
- Atlanta, GA (1888PressRelease) December 13, 2010 - Redbird LED, an Atlanta, GA. firm that specializes in the design, manufacturing and distribution of energy efficient LED linear lighting, recently completed an energy efficient lighting retrofit project for Saint Patrick's Episcopal Church. Founded in 1966, Saint Patrick's Episcopal Church is located in the prestigious Atlanta suburb of Dunwoody, Georgia. The church contacted Redbird LED to explore ways they could both reduce energy and facility maintenance costs and lower their environmental impact at the same time.
Redbird LED worked with Saint Patrick's to design a retrofit program targeting the older less energy efficient lighting in the church sanctuary and religious offices. Older 40 watt fluorescent tubes were replaced with more energy efficient 18 watt LED linear lights and the 150 watt incandescent spot light lamps were replaced by Dim-able 18 watt LED par lights. These were designed to be a direct screw-in replacement with excellent compatibility to the installed lamp dimming system.
The lighting retrofit will provide more than $5,000 per year in savings from the direct drop in electrical consumption, with additional savings from smaller air conditioning requirements due to the reduction in heat loads. Almost as important was the reduction in lighting maintenance time to replace the lamps. The LED lights have a lamp life of 50,000 hours eliminating the need for replacement for the next twelve years. This was very attractive because many of the lamps, such as those in the sanctuary, require scaffolding to service because they are more than 35 feet above the floor.
Many worship facilities have discovered the many economic and environmental benefits of LED lighting. They provide reduced operating expenses and are consistent with the role of the religious institutions as a steward of the environment. The LED lights used in the Saint Patrick's lighting retrofit project were supplied by Redbird LED. The Cardinal™ Linear Lights are high quality replacements for standard fluorescent tubes (T8 and T12) and provide electrical savings of 35% to 50%. Some additional features:
• Easy Installation-linear lights use the same terminal connections as fluorescent tubes.
• Universal power supply inside the light eliminates the need for ballast. The same lamp runs on 110, 220 or 277 VAC.
• High output surface mount device LEDs (SMDs) and a proprietary thermal design provide 50,000+ hours of lifetime at a brilliant 110 lumens/watt output.
• The outer shell is a shatterproof design with an aluminum core and a high impact polycarbonate lens.
• No ultra-violet or infra-red (heat) produced. All LED lamps run barely warm to the touch.
About Redbird LED -
Redbird LED is an Atlanta based designer and manufacturer of LED linear lights. Their company mission is to focus exclusively on providing quality LED linear light solutions to their customers. Redbird LED's core technology is in their premier linear LED light tube, designed and engineered specifically for retrofits of traditional fluorescent tube lights.
Additionally, Redbird LED provides professional consultation -
State registered Professional Engineers and LEED AP accredited personnel - for lighting projects such as economic analysis, return on investment calculations, light modeling, illumination design, and energy load calculations. Their current project list represents a wide variety of customers: the world headquarters of a major US company, multi-million dollar relations with general contractors, museums, retail shops, office buildings, manufacturing/production facilities, automotive dealerships, and many residential homes across the US. And, of course, their headquarters building is 100% LED.
Redbird LED (originally RedBird Industries) started with a line of craftsman exterior lighting products that are the creation of the founder, Jonathan Eppstein. Now Redbird LED has many employees and distributors throughout the US.
Redbird LED is located at 1202 Gail Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319, in Dekalb County, metropolitan Atlanta. For more information and to review their line of lighting solutions please visit www.redbirdled.com , email info ( @ ) redbirdled dot com or call (678) 733-2473.