Raffle For Classic 69' Chevrolet Chevelle SS To Support Southeast Michigan Homeless Shelter
Tickets now on sale for Grace Centers of Hope 5th Annual Charity Car Raffle.
- Detroit, MI (1888PressRelease) June 16, 2011 - Grace Centers of Hope today announced that tickets are now on sale for a chance to win a classic Chrome Illusion 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS during the nonprofit organization's 5th Annual Charity Car Raffle. Proceeds from raffle benefit the Life-Skills programs and rehabilitation services for homeless men, women and children at Grace Centers of Hope, one of the largest homeless shelters in southeast Michigan.
"Grace Centers of Hope accommodates between 150 - 200 men, women and children on any given night in our shelter," said Darin Weiss, chief operating officer of Grace Centers of Hope. "That is why we are so grateful to the community for supporting fundraising initiatives like our annual Charity Car Raffle that help us raise the funds necessary to provide these life saving programs."
Proceeds from the sale of the Charity Car Raffle will help provide the following services for program participants at Grace Centers of Hope this summer and fall:
• Shelter for as many as 150 - 200 individuals or families at any given time
• Nourishing meals for the hungry, including breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Clothes, hygiene products and other personal items
• College and career opportunities for Grace Centers of Hope program graduates
The classic Chrome Illusion 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS is impeccably finished with Chrome Illusion custom paint, black vinyl interior, power steering and power front brakes, Turbo-Hydramatic 400 transmission and a 454 CI engine. The estimated value of the car is $25,000.
"Classic car fans will love this one-of-a-kind, clean original Kansas-built car that is truly show room quality," said Weiss.
A winning ticket will be drawn at 12:30 p.m. on September 11, 2011 at Grace Gospel Fellowship located at 210 N. Perry St. in Pontiac. Ticket holders need not be present to win. Tickets are $20 each and can be purchased by visiting www.gracecentersofhope.org or by calling Adrian Laux, Communications Assistant at 248-334-2187, ext. 31.
For more information on the classic Chrome Illusion 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS, visit www.gracecentersofhope.org. The purchase of a raffle ticket does not qualify as an eligible tax deduction.
About Grace Centers of Hope
Giving hope to the helpless since 1942, Grace Centers of Hope is one of southeast Michigan's oldest and largest service provider for the homeless. Today, Grace Centers of Hope is considered one of the leading faith-based organizations in Southeastern Michigan, confronting issues of homelessness, addiction, poverty, abuse and spiritual emptiness on a daily basis. On any given night, Grace Centers of Hope provides transitional and emergency shelter to 150-200 men, women and children, in addition to serving more than 100,000 meals each year. Grace's $4.4 million yearly budget is maintained solely through corporate and private donors, exclusive of any government assistance. For more information, or to make a donation, visit www.gracecentersofhope.org.