Radiant Systems Technology Enhances Fan Experience at Metricon Stadium
Australian-based company selects Quest product suite for its ease of use and robust functionality.
- (1888PressRelease) August 19, 2011 - ATLANTA - Radiant Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: RADS) today announced the successful implementation of its Quest technology in Queensland, Australia's new Metricon Stadium. Michael O'Brien Catering Pty Ltd, a leader in stadium and corporate hospitality in Australia and New Zealand, is responsible for the food and beverage operations and is running Quest Venue Manager software hosting 31 Q1515 touch screen point-of-sale (POS) terminals and 98 VS terminals throughout the stadium.
"Radiant's Quest technology was a natural fit for our operations," said Kim Gerhardt, venue catering manager for Metricon Stadium. "Radiant's expertise in our industry combined with the power of its fully, integrated solution help us provide the seamless, engaging experience that our fans deserve."
Installed in approximately 200 events-based venues worldwide, Radiant Systems is a leader in innovative technology for stadiums and arenas. Metricon Stadium in Australia is home to the Gold Coast Football Club and hosts several large events throughout the year. Throughout the venue, the Quest solution delivers the ability to use loaded tickets, voucher cards, bar tab account cards and much more. With comprehensive, real-time reporting, managers are able to update terminals during events with minimal disruption.
"Built specifically for stadium operations, Quest is an ideal solution for large events-based venues," said Scott Kingsfield, president of the retail, sports and entertainment division for Radiant Systems. "Efficiency, speed and customer throughput are the top priorities for events-based operations and we look forward to helping Michael O'Brien Catering achieve its goals."
About Radiant Systems, Inc.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Radiant Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: RADS) is a global provider of innovative technology and services to the hospitality and retail industries. With more than 100,000 installations worldwide, our customers include leading brands and venues in the restaurant and food service, sports and entertainment, petroleum and convenience, and specialty retail markets. Radiant has offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
About Michael O'Brien Catering Pty Ltd
A Melbourne based privately owned catering company with a breadth of experience across some of Australia and New Zealand's premier Venues and Events including the following:
- Metricon Stadium, Carrara Gold Coast
- Skilled Park, Robina Gold Coast
- Brisbane Cricket Ground 'Gabba', Woolloongabba Qld
- AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Adelaide Showground, Wayville SA
- Eden Park, Auckland NZ
- Prince Alfred Hotel, Richmond Vic
- Belgian Beer Cafes, Brisbane and Canberra
- Brisbane International Tennis, Tennyson Qld
- Club Laverton Motel & Gaming, Laverton Vic'