Rackmount Server from NextComputing Offers High-Speed Data Recording in Compact 3U Chassis
The new Nucleus RM Capture provides high-speed data recording, processing, and I/O capabilities for developers of packet capture, data acquisition, and network forensics solutions.
- (1888PressRelease) May 24, 2012 - NextComputing, manufacturer of high-performance and small form-factor computing systems, announces a new addition to its Nucleus RM family of compact rackmount systems. The Nucleus RM Capture provides high-speed data recording, processing, and I/O capabilities for developers of packet capture, data acquisition, and network forensics solutions. The Nucleus RM Capture is a high-performance rack-based storage system in a dense 3U chassis with several unique features not available in other products.
With network bandwidth usage on the rise in both the enterprise and consumer markets, solution providers are struggling with ways to be able to capture sufficient amounts of data to enable their customers to make informed decisions. Whether it's optimizing the flow of traffic across the network, enforcing security and compliance, or monitoring their applications for performance issues, these customers are turning to solution providers to give them the best systems at a reasonable cost. However, traditional server platforms designed for storage, such as enterprise NAS or SAN solutions, are not ideal as network appliances. Where they excel at storing and serving up large volumes of information, they lack the performance and flexibility to be used as dedicated data capture systems.
NextComputing has engineered the Nucleus RM Capture to fulfill the needs of OEM solution providers and integrators looking for a powerful, reliable, and customizable platform for their next high-speed data recording product. Using up to twenty (20) enterprise-class SATA, SAS, and Solid State Drives, the Nucleus RM Capture enables very high sustained write-to-disk rates for capturing network traffic at full 10Gb/s line rate or higher. And with the migration from 10G, to 40G infrastructure, the Nucleus RM Capture allows for easy expansion of I/O and storage as data capture needs increase.
Nucleus RM Capture features:
- (20) front-access removable 2.5" SATA, SAS, or Solid State Drives
- (2) rear-access removable 2.5" drives, intended for easy service of system and/or application drives
- Up to (7) full-length, full-height PCI Express expansion slots for network capture cards or high-performance RAID storage controller cards
- Two 8-core Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors
- Up to 512GB DDR3 ECC memory
- 1300W 2+1 redundant power supply, either AC 110/220V or 48VDC input
- Short-depth, 20-inch form-factor
- 3U rack height with front-facing DVD or BluRay optical drive
- Removable front bezel available with high-quality custom branding
For turnkey solution providers looking for an alternative to "cookie-cutter" hardware products from the typical larger computer vendors, NextComputing's US-based OEM customization and systems engineering services can help bring highly differentiated products to market faster and with a higher degree of hands-on customer support.
The Nucleus RM Capture is available now from NextComputing and its authorized resellers. Please call +1-603-886-3874 or email Sales ( @ ) NextComputing dot com for more information.