Punj Lloyd Group announces Q4 and FY 2012 results
- Consolidated total income in FY2012 stands at Rs10,874crore
- Strong order backlog at Rs27,276crore.
- (1888PressRelease) May 01, 2012 - Punj Lloyd Group, the diversified engineering, procurement and construction conglomerate, announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and annual results of FY2012 at the meeting ofits Board of Directors today.
Consolidated Results -
Annual Consolidated Results for FY2012
- Consolidated Income for FY2012 is Rs 10,784 crore as compared to Rs 8,160 crorein FY2011
- EBIDTA at Rs 1,124crore in FY2012 compared to Rs 749 crorein FY2011
- PBT at 193crore in FY2012 compared to Rs 16 crorein FY2011
- PAT at Rs 92crore in FY2012 compared to loss of Rs (60) crorein FY2011
- Basic EPS stands at Rs 2.77
Q4FY2012 Financial highlights
- Consolidated Income at Rs 3,055 crore in Q4FY2012 as compared to Rs 2,304 crore in Q4FY2011
- EBIDTA at Rs 272crore in Q4FY2012 compared to Rs 251 croreQ4FY2011
- PBT at 16crore in Q4FY2012 compared to Rs 45 crorein Q4FY2011
- PAT at Rs9crore in Q4FY2012 is the same as that of Q4FY2011
- Basic EPS stands at Rs 0.27
Standalone Results -
Annual standalone results for FY2012
- Total Income for the year at Rs 6,180 croreas compared to Rs 4,480 crore during the corresponding period, FY2011
- EBIDTA at Rs 820crorecompared to Rs 568 crore in FY2011
- PBT at 86crore in FY 2012 compared to Rs 11 crorein FY2011
- PAT at Rs58crore compared to PAT at Rs 12 crorein FY2011
- Basic EPS stands at Rs 1.74
Q4FY2012 Financial Highlights
- Total income is Rs 1,898 crore as compared to Rs 1,238 crore in Q4FY2011
- EBIDTA at Rs 237crore compared to Rs 184 crorein Q4FY2011
- PBT at Rs 25crore in Q4FY 2012 compared to Rs 26crorein Q4FY2011
- PAT at Rs18crore compared to PAT at Rs 32crorein Q4FY2011
- Basic EPS stands at Rs 0.54
Speaking on the financial performance, AtulPunj, Chairman, Punj Lloyd, said "FY 2011-2012 has been a mixed bag of opportunities and challenges. Overall, there has been a gradual progression in the company's growthdespite sluggish macro environment globally and the high interest cost of debt in India which has affected our profitability. However, we have bagged some high value EPC projects within India and overseas across diverse segments such as Oil & Gas, Power, Renewables and Infrastructure, amongst others.
We achieved a total order inflow of Rs. 13,817 vsRs 9,978 crore in the last full financial year.
Being a global entity, we are constantly looking outside India for challenging projects and opportunities. As part of our strategy, there is considerable focus on technology intensive businesses through PL Engineering. We are cautiously optimistic about the future."
As on 30 April 2012, Punj Lloyd Group has a healthy order backlog of Rs27,276crore. The order backlog is the value of the unexecuted orders on March 31, 2012 and new orders received after that day.
Key developments during FY2012 are:
- EPC of High-Purity Solar grade for Qatar's first polysilicon plant (Phase 1) from Qatar Solar Technologies (QSTEC), Qatar
- Thermal power project worth Rs. 1195 crore from Haldia Energy Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calcutta Electric Supply Co. to boost the power supply in Kolkata and its suburbs
- Development of Police Residential Complex from Delhi Police for Rs. 1300 crore
- Design, engineering, procurement and construction of 124 km of six lane of Chittorgarh bypass to Udaipur, in the state of Rajasthan, by GMR worth Rs 1050 crore
- Onshore oil operations for tie-in work at South East Abu Dhabi from ADCO worth Rs 997 crore
- Submarine pipeline project worth Rs 825 crore from Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation in an exploration block on the east coast of India
- Nuclear power contract worth Rs 678 crore from Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd.
- Falcon Jetfuel Pipeline & Bulk Terminal Facilities from Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC), wholly-owned by the Government of Dubai. The project is worth Rs 623 crore
- Offshore contract from ONGC, worth Rs 469 crore, in Bombay High, Mumbai from ONGC
- Contract to build process facilities for a crude oil storage cavern. This EPCC contract, worth Rs. 330 crore, is the first cavern project for the Group and has been awarded by Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves Limited
- A civil contract for a thermal power project worth Rs 210 crore from NTPC Ltd.
- Road contract worth Rs. 285 crore in Kenya, in joint venture with Intex Construction Ltd.
- Contract for building a railway siding worth Rs 114 crore, first landmark railways project, at Sonebhadra district of U.P. from Uttar Pradesh RajyaVidyutUtpadan Nigam Ltd (UPRVUNL)
- Contract won for construction of 194 villas in a satellite township in West Bengal, India from Kolkata West international City (KWIC)
About Punj Lloyd:
Punj Lloyd (BSE SCRIP ID: PUNJLLOYD, NSE SYMBOL: PUNJLLOYD) The Punj Lloyd Group is a diversified international conglomerate offering EPC services in Energy and Infrastructure along with engineering and manufacturing capabilities in the Defence sector. Known for its capabilities in delivering mega projects "on time," thereby ensuring repeat customers, the Group possesses a rich experience of successfully delivered projects across the globe, while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety, environment and quality (HSEQ). Further information about the Group is available at www.punjlloydgroup.com