Ptc Declares New Era Of Product Design With Delivery Of First Creo(TM) Apps
The release of Creo marks another industry first for PTC, whose tradition of technology innovation began with the introduction of the industry's first 3D parametric modeling software. The Creo breakthrough technology enables enterprise wide participation in the product design process to unlock potential for creativity, teamwork, efficiency and value.
- (1888PressRelease) June 15, 2011 - PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today announced the availability of Creo 1.0 and delivery of the first set of Creo apps. The release of Creo marks another industry first for PTC, whose tradition of technology innovation began with the introduction of the industry's first 3D parametric modeling software. The Creo breakthrough technology enables enterprise wide participation in the product design process to unlock potential for creativity, teamwork, efficiency and value.
"Since we unveiled our Creo product strategy last October, we've seen incredible customer interest in Creo," said James Heppelmann, PTC's president and CEO. "Based on the reaction of the marketplace, we believe that Creo has the potential to deliver the renaissance in CAD innovation that we had predicted at the launch."
Creo is designed to solve the unaddressed problems remaining in the mechanical CAD market: usability, interoperability, assembly management and technology lock-in. Creo provides a scalable suite of interoperable, integrated design apps- built on a unique architecture with patent-pending technology, to meet the needs of the wide spectrum of users that form a company's extended product development team. By more fully engaging these users throughout the product lifecycle, companies can increase productivity and improve operational efficiencies, getting better products to market faster.
"We participated in the Creo beta program and in all customer events aimed at Creo development. We believe that Creo delivers capabilities that will help increase the productivity of everyone involved in System S.p.A.'s product development process," said Roberto Dolci, Chief Information Officer of System Group. "By allowing a broader set of people across the company to access product data in a way that fits their role, and by introducing 3D direct modeling to speed up new product development, Creo helps accelerate our business agility, which drives our success."
The first set of Creo apps are designed to optimize engineering, manufacturing and service processes. Role-based packages are designed to help increase productivity for everyone from service planners, technical illustrators and industrial designers to engineers who have historically driven product design processes using 3D direct or parametric modeling, while also benefiting CAD users in the extended enterprise.
• Creo Sketch -for simple "freehand" drawing of ideas and design concepts in 2D
• Creo Layout - for capturing early concepts layouts in 2D that ultimately drive 3D design.
• Creo Parametric - for powerful, 3D parametric modeling capabilities currently available in Creo Elements/Pro™ (formerly known as Pro/ENGINEER®). Extensions deliver a broader range of seamlessly integrated 3D CAD/CAID/CAM/CAE capabilities. New extensions offer more design flexibility and support for legacy data adoption.
• Creo Direct - for fast, flexible 3D geometry creation and editing using a direct modeling approach. Provides unprecedented levels of interoperability with Creo Parametric for greater design flexibility
• Creo Simulate - delivers capabilities an analyst needs for structural and thermal simulation
• Creo Schematics - for creating 2D routed systems diagrams for piping and cabling designs.
• Creo Illustrate -for 3D technical illustrations, providing capabilities to communicate complex service and parts information, training, work instructions, etc. to improve product usability and performance graphically in 3D.
• Creo View ECAD - for viewing, interrogating, and marking up electronic geometry
• Creo View MCAD - for viewing, interrogating, and marking up mechanical geometry
Additionally, Creo offers a highly flexible and open solution that helps companies obtain maximum business value from their CAD investments. For many companies Creo provides the opportunity to divest from a heterogeneous CAD environment and consolidate on a single design platform. However, the AnyData AdoptionTM technology of Creo ensures that consolidation is a choice and not a requirement. Creo respects and protects existing investment in data and working methods - enabling access to data from any CAD system.
"With the delivery of Creo 1.0, PTC is spearheading an unprecedented transformation of the CAD industry for the second time in history," said Brian Shepherd, executive vice president, product development, PTC. "Creo's role based apps make a typically closed process open and inclusive, enabling more people to make a meaningful contribution to product designs. This is a huge advance that will help our customers create better designs, and ultimately better products."
The majority of Creo1.0 apps are available now in ten languages. Creo Sketch and Creo Layout are planned to be available later in late July and late fall 2011 respectively.
The timing of any product release, and any features or functionality thereof, are subject to change at PTC's discretion.
To learn more about Creo, please visit the Creo products pages on ptc.com.
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, develops, markets and supports product development software solutions and related services that help companies achieve their product development strategies and optimize their processes. Using the company's tightly integrated CAD and enterprise PLM solutions, organizations are better able to create and manage product information throughout the lifecycle for optimal product development success. More information may be found at www.ptc.com.
Follow us on Twitter - Watch us on YouTube - Connect with us on Linked In - Join our PlanetPTC Creo Community
Tune in to http://communities.ptc.com/groups/planetptc-live for real-time event coverage through videos, pictures, tweets, and blogs from event attendees and PTC staff. Event-related tweets will be tagged with the #PlanetPTC11 hashtag. Follow PlanetPTC Live on Twitter - ( @ ) PlanetPTCLive (https://twitter dot com/#!/planetptclive)
• PTC Delivers Creo 1.0
• Creo apps images and captions
• Creo Illustrate videos, images and captions
• Partner Support
• Creo Ready Software and Hardware Partners
Please visit the Creo 1.0 Resource Center on ptc.com for additional product videos, images and datasheets.
The announcement of the introduction of any particular PTC software product or service offering is not necessarily indicative of the timing of recognition of revenue therefrom or the level of revenue for any particular period. The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC's discretion. Statements in this press release that are not historic facts, including statements about our future financial and growth expectations are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. These risks include the possibility that customers may not purchase our solutions when or at the rates we expect, the possibility that we may not achieve the license, services or maintenance growth rates that we expect and the possibility that new product releases may be delayed or may not generate the revenue we expect. Other risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected are detailed from time to time in reports we file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K and our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q
PTC and its logo, The Product Development Company, Creo, Elements/Pro and Pro/ENGINEER are trademarks or registered trademarks of Parametric Technology Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.