Provisioning System for Cisco Unified Communications enables rapid commissioning of Cisco phones and voicemail
Quickly and efficiently process daily change tasks (MACD) with the Uplinx Provisioning System for Cisco Unified Communications. Rapidly and correctly setup Cisco phones, voicemail profiles, and presence details in no time, first time, every time. A single provisioning screen contains all Cisco elements within a Cisco UC deployment and removes the need for staff to log onto production servers.
- New York, NY (1888PressRelease) March 10, 2011 - The Uplinx Provisioning System for Cisco Unified Communications helps organisations to process daily Moves Adds Changes Deletions (MACDs) tasks quickly and efficiently. Rapidly and correctly setup Cisco phones, voicemail profiles, and presence details in no time, first time, every time.
The Provisioning System for Cisco Unified Communications provides:
• Comprehensive commissioning system to reduce operational costs associated with daily telephony operations (MACDs).
• Reduce commissioning times from minutes to seconds
• Get it right in no time, first time, every time
• utilise data from Active Directory (AD)
• Create, update and delete users, provision of Cisco IP phones, Extension Mobility, voicemail and associated objects
• Supports Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and related telephony servers Cisco Unity, Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Presence (CUPS)
A single provisioning screen contains all Cisco elements within a Cisco UC deployment and removes the need for staff to log onto production servers. It reduces MACD processing times through a single customisable interface which displays only relevant fields such as extension and name ensuring company information, policies and standards are enforced.
Leverage information from other systems such as Active Directory and CUCM reducing data entry times through pre-population of data which also minimises data entry errors by IT support staff and help desks.
Standard MACDs can now be delegated to help desks or basic skilled staff freeing up highly skilled staff.
Full reporting on provisioning activities allows for SLA tracking.
Compliance is ensured as help desk and change staff can only edit fields that are configured on the Provisioning System to be visible and editable.
Provides workflow for a help desk with:
• Notification by email of changes in Active Directory and submitted requests
• Records changes and requests made on the system
• Pre-fills email to notify requester via a standard template
The Uplinx Provisioning System provides integration into 3rd party operational support system processes with the following end user objects:
• CUCM end user and associations
• Phone and Extensions
• Device Profiles and extensions
• Mobility (Remote Destination Profiles)
• CUPS (CUPC, MOC)
According to Michael Kunz, Head of Software Development at Uplinx, a Cisco Advanced Unified Communications Partner and Cisco Software Development Partner:
"The Uplinx Provisioning System has found a large customer base since its inception a year ago because it provides a simple and intuitive interface to configure multiple Cisco Unified Communications components from a single screen.
Customers can now offload changes from their highly skilled UC IT staff to their help desks as no expert knowledge of Cisco UC systems is required for standard operations.
It has found acceptance from very small Cisco telephony deployments with hundreds of IP phones through to multi-nationals with tens of thousands of Cisco IP phones. All customers agree that the system has brought to their Cisco UC deployments, fast, error free provisioning of MACDs.
The Provisioning System is complemented with our market leading Report Tool for Cisco Unified Communications (CUCM, CUPS, CUC, CER, UCCX) which automatically produces comprehensive documentation in minutes."