Postcode Anywhere Processes 45,000 Donations For BBC Children in Need
Charity uses rapid addressing technology to process over 33,000 payments on the night of the appeal.
- (1888PressRelease) November 30, 2010 - Worcester, UK - BBC Children in Need raised over £18m in this year's broadcast event, with help from address auto-fill and validation technology supplied by Postcode Anywhere.
The address software, which was supplied free of charge, allowed donors to auto-complete an entire postal address from just the postcode. It was anticipated to speed up the time taken to process donations taken via the website by at least 50%. In total, over 45,000 payments have been processed for BBC Children in Need using this technology with around 33,000 being taken on the night of the event.
Postcode Anywhere's managing director Guy Mucklow said: "Anything which can optimise processes and ensure more money comes in is going to be a big boon for any organisation. We're delighted that BBC Children in Need has already managed to raise over £18m to help disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.
"In today's economy people are obviously going to find themselves strapped for cash, so it would seem pretty realistic to expect donations to charitable organisations to drop across the board. After implementing the service, staff anticipated the address auto-completion technology would double the rate at which orders could be processed on the night.
"Smart technologies like address auto-fill are the unsung heroes of fundraising. They work quietly in the background, ensuring as much cash is raised as possible, and always show an attractive return on investment, whether times are prosperous or not.
"BBC Children in Need has defied the recession to raise such a substantial sum for charity. It's testament to the spirit of the British public and something we are immensely proud to have helped support."
It's not too late to donate to BBC Children in Need. If you would like to make a contribution you can do so via the website at www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/donate.
Postcode Anywhere typically offers a 10% discount for charities. For more information about any of Postcode Anywhere's address auto-fill and organisational efficiency software, please visit the website at www.postcodeanywhere.com.
Media contact for Postcode Anywhere
Jim Williams - PR Executive, Postcode Anywhere
jim ( @ ) postcodeanywhere dot com
+44 (0) 1905 888 570
Press centre at: http://www.postcodeanywhere.com/press
Press Pack download: http://www.postcodeanywhere.com/assets/PDFs/press-pack-2010.pdf
About Postcode Anywhere
Postcode Anywhere has been providing desktop and website address auto-fill and validation services for ten years, and is now the market-leading reseller of Royal Mail's Postcode Address File (PAF®) for ecommerce. A multi-award-winning organisation, it has also appeared in successive Deloitte fast-growth European technology company lists. Postcode Anywhere supplies software and services which improve the day-to-day operations of over 8,000 organisations worldwide. Best known as a provider of address software, the company offers a range of data-driven services, including route planning and customer profiling. For more information about Postcode Anywhere, please visit www.postcodeanywhere.com.
Recent Awards and Recognition for Postcode Anywhere
• Red Herring Top 100 Europe - 2010
• Best Small IT Supplier of the Year - UK IT Industry Awards (finalist) - 2009
• One of Europe's fastest-growing IT firms - Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA 2008/9 & 2009/10
• Dell Small Business Excellence Award (UK finalist) - 2009
• Small-Medium Sized Business of the Year (regional finalist) - National Business Awards 2009
• Orange Best Use of Technology (Midlands) - 2008 National Business Awards
• Growth Business of the Year - Chamber Awards 2008
• Small Business of the Year - Chamber Awards 2008
• Customer Service Team of the Year (finalist) - National Customer Services Awards 2008