Pimsleur Approach Announces "Win an iPad" Blog Contest to Celebrate Launch of New Blog
PimsleurApproach.com, a leader in audio-based language learning courses, is giving away an iPad and language courses to winners of their first ever blog contest, held in honor of the launch of the Pimsleur Approach blog.
- (1888PressRelease) November 12, 2010 - Philadelphia, PA -- Pimsleur Approach is hosting a blog contest to celebrate the launch of the new Pimsleur Approach blog. Launched in October 2010, www.PimsleurApproach.com/blog covers travel tips, popular culture, world film and cuisine, and also shares the occasional light-hearted view of the world we live in. The "Win an iPad" blog contest is open to all US-resident blog owners aged 18 and above.
The first prize winner will receive an iPad, valued at $499.99, while 9 second prize winners will receive the Pimsleur Gold language course of their choice, valued at $345.00 each. To enter, bloggers simply pick one of the ten topics (listed below) to write about on their own blog.
1. Travel - share a story about your trip / travel tips / how language impacted your trip
2. Learning a Language - learning language in high school / home schooling your kids / majoring in a foreign language
3. Gadgets - favorite language apps / amazing gadgets from japan
4. Geek Speak - Klingon / LOTR / C++ / 1337
5. Ok..Cupid - foreign language pickup lines
6. Media Consumption (Films, Book, and Music) - must see German films / J-pop worth listening to
7. Culture Clashes - misunderstandings or other situations coming from cultural differences
8. Just Don't Wanna - hate learning languages? tell us why
9. Best Online Tools - translators / study tools
10. Funny - mistranslations / funny travel stories
Entrants then simply email a link to their blog post to sarah ( @ ) pimsleurapproach dot com in order to be entered into the contest dot All entries will be judged on quality, appeal and creativity as well as relevance to topic chosen by a panel of Pimsleur Approach employees dot
The contest is open from November 8th to December 2nd, and winners will be announced on or about Monday, December 6th, 2010. For more information, please visit: http://www.pimsleurapproach.com/blog/language-learning/language-learning-blog-contest.
About Pimsleur Approach
Pimsleur Approach was founded in 2000 and specializes in affordable, audio-based language learning courses. Developed by Dr. Paul Pimsleur, the company's audio-learning products feature 40 different languages and are utilized by the FBI and NSA. Pimsleur's research of organic language learning stemmed from the way children learn to speak without knowing the formal structure of a language. For more information, please visit http://www.pimsleurapproach.com.