Penn Care Welcomes 2 New Chassis Options for Braun Ambulances
Penn Care, Inc., the leading reseller and supplier of EMS vehicles in Eastern Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia, is pleased to welcome 2 new chassis options for Braun's top-of-the-line ambulances.
- Youngstown-Warren, OH (1888PressRelease) March 25, 2011 - The Chief XL built on the new International TerraStar™ chassis and Super Chief on a Hino 258ALP chassis are being showcased at the Fire Department Instructors' Conference (FDIC) in Indianapolis, Indiana from March 24th - 26th.
"FDIC is an important event for the Fire/EMS community and we are excited to see Braun's display at this year's event. Our customers value the robust engineering, user-friendly design and skillful craftsmanship of Braun ambulances. Even more important is the fact that Braun offers customers various chassis options to mount their ambulances on, based on space and cab layout requirements. The Braun Super Chief on the Hino 258ALP chassis and Chief XL on the new International TerraStar™ chassis will take us a step further in fulfilling the needs of the EMS community. We welcome these new ambulance chassis options into the market," says Shawn Bryant, President Penn Care, Inc.
- Chief XL on International TerraStar™ chassis and Super Chief on Hino 258ALP chassis
- View Display Models at FDIC 2011
HIGHLIGHTS of Braun's Display at FDIC 2011
Super Chief on Hino 258ALP Chassis
• The Super Chief built on a Hino 258ALP chassis is a work horse model that is specifically designed for the Fire/EMS based community.
• HINO Trucks™ is introducing this chassis in response to the demand for a durable, roomy cab, smooth ride and superior reliability of an emergency vehicle / ambulance.
• The Hino 258ALP comes equipped with the Hino J08E Series 8-liter diesel engine and produces 220HP with 520 lb.-ft. torque.
• This engine has received the J.D. Power and Associates Awards for "Highest Customer Satisfaction and Conventional Medium Duty Engines and Transmissions" two years in a row.
Chief XL on International TerraStar™ Chassis
• The Chief XL is built on the new International TerraStar™ chassis platform that is a more economical solution for the medium duty market.
• The class 4/5 TerraStar™ comes from 100 years of commercial-duty truck experience. It's built on the three pillars of commercial-duty performance: commercial-grade components, ease of operation and efficient power.
• TerraStar's™ efficient power comes from the all-new 300-hp MaxxForce® 7, an engine purpose-built for medium duty. It also features the MaxxForce Advanced EGR, the only no-hassle, no liquid urea solution for 2010 emissions.
Users in the medium duty market are always looking for new platforms to build the Braun Super Chief ambulance module on. The addition of the HINO 258ALP chassis by Braun offers more chassis platforms than any other ambulance manufacturer
The TerraStar™ has the largest cab in its class (30% more room for EMS crew than other EMS vehicles in this category) and best-in-class visibility (38% better than the leading competitor). This will be the only unit of its kind at FDIC with a Kelderman 4 link air ride system that will allow the Braun Chief XL ambulance to meet the KKK load height and provide a superior ride quality.
"At Penn Care, we are always reaching out in an effort to find out what our customers need and look up to our valued partners to serve changing market needs. Customers know they can count on us because we partner with industry leaders like Braun to make these products and innovations available to them along with value-added training, service and maintenance," adds Don Bloom, Vice President of Penn Care, Inc.
Penn Care, Inc. carries a variety of ambulances from Braun, including specialty ambulances and mobile intensive care units. The company also provides an Ambulance Assessment Tool which helps prospective customers determine which ambulance is best suited for their emergency response handling requirements.
- Shawn Bryant
- Penn Care Inc.
1-800-392-7233 (Ext 13)
- Voice: 1-877-287-9715
- Visit our Site