Operators and regulators from across the EMEA region to gather at the Interconnection & Termination Rates Conference
In September 2011, operators and regulators will gather together at the Interconnection & Termination Rates conference in Vienna to discuss how to develop profitable interconnect cost models for a Next Generation Network and how to manage the implementation of lower termination rates.
- (1888PressRelease) June 30, 2011 - With the latest Directive from the EC to drastically reduce mobile termination rates across the EU of between 1.5 and 3 euro cents by 2012 (Source: European Commission), and the increasing migration to All-IP networks, operators are currently having to develop and manage new business models.
To address this, Telecoms IQ is proud to launch the Interconnection & Termination Rates conference, taking place between 19th and 22nd September at the InterContinental Hotel Vienna, Austria. The conference will target senior level executives from Operators and Regulators across the EMEA region with responsibilities for Interconnection, Wholesale and Regulatory Affairs. They will be disclosing the strategies that they have implemented to:
• Build a profitable cost model for interconnection
• Develop the architecture required to enable VoIP interconnection
• Measure and ensure QoS across all interconnection points
• Apply LRIC methodology to effective calculate termination charges
• Ensure a smooth transition to lower termination rates
•Compensate for reduced termination revenues
For further details on the conference, please visit http://www.interconnectionevent.com. In addition, the Interconnection and Termination Rates Resource Centre features regularly updated complimentary presentations, articles and podcasts.
The Telecoms Networking Forum is open for membership and discussion at http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3430928, and updates are available by following Telecoms IQ on Twitter ( @ ) TelecomsForum dot