OpDecision's Drew Polin Wins 2nd Place Award for Young Entrepreneur of the Year
Polin Becomes Two-Time Winner.
- Philadelphia, PA-NJ (1888PressRelease) November 17, 2011 - For the second year in a row, Drew Polin, president of OpDecision LLC (OpDecision.com), has received the second place award for Young Entrepreneur of the Year of the Delaware Valley, given by the Entrepreneurs Forum of Southern New Jersey. The award was given at their second annual ceremony, at the Valleybrook Country Club on Oct. 19. Polin is the only person to place in the innovative category (2010) and the most successful category, this year (2011).
"It is an honor for the Entrepreneurs Forum to again recognize Drew's critical content and operational expertise, and 10 years of innovation in the wireless communications service industry," said OpDecison CEO Jay E. Milgrom.
"Drew is an exceptional businessperson and a perfect example of what's best in entrepreneurs," says Anthony Mongeluzo, creator of the Young Entrepreneur of the Delaware Valley awards and president of Pro Computer Service (procomputerservice.com). "He has imagination, deep industry expertise and a ferocious work ethic, which is why his company continues to grow and have a strong following of satisfied customers."
OpDecision LLC is a leader in corporate and institutional wireless expense management. The Southampton, Pa.-based company helps midsize to Fortune 1000 businesses reduce wireless costs by up to 45 percent without changing their current carrier or contract. OpDecision's management team brings more than 55 years of experience in the telecommunications and cellular industries.
Starting in business development with T-Mobile USA, Drew Polin quickly developed a comprehensive understanding of the wireless communications services industry. In 2003, seeing opportunity in the under-serviced cellular market, he co-founded Global West Communications to help companies understand their options in the wireless landscape. Drew grew Global West Communications into a well-known Southern California brand and a leading provider of cellular technology.
In 2007, Polin sold Global West Communications. Envisioning more innovative offerings and a highly client-focused approach, he launched Global East Communications, where he focused on reducing costs, optimizing service plans, and negotiating with carriers to procure lower pricing for equipment and services.
Polin is also a board member for The Drenk Center Foundation and YMCA Camden County Committee. He was also a member of the Philadelphia Zoo Corporate Leadership and holds a bachelor of science degree in Advertising/Public Relations from Pennsylvania State University.
Entrepreneur Forum judges chose winners based on the following criteria:
• Founder(s) must be 35 or younger by Dec. 31, 2009, and have started their business by 30.
• Founder(s) must own 50 percent or more of the business.
• Annual revenue must exceed $100,000 in gross sales for the fiscal year ending 2009.
• Primary business headquarters must be in the Delaware Valley.
The Entrepreneurs Forum of Southern New Jersey Inc. (EFSNJ), a not-for-profit organization, dedicates itself to fostering the development of entrepreneurial ideas and ventures and improving the success rate of emerging, growth-oriented companies.
OpDecision (www.OpDecision.com) is offering free wireless audits and optimizations for nonprofit organizations with up to 200 wireless cell phones until Dec. 2011. This includes a free audit of bills and recommendations to reduce their monthly wireless expenses.
For more information about OpDecision, call 800-910-8517 or visit www.opdecision.com.
tom ( @ ) thegalileo dot com