New Webinar: European Union Timber Regulation (EUTR)
SGS invites you to attend the webinar "European Union Timber Regulation (EUTR)". This 45-minute complimentary webinar will inform you of key points and recent development of the Regulation and help you to understand the likely impact on your day-to-day activities.
- (1888PressRelease) May 01, 2012 - The objective of this 45-minute complimentary webinar is to inform you of key points and recent development of the Regulation and help you to understand the likely impact on your day-to-day activities. Participants will also receive access to the complimentary copy of SGS' new white paper "Understanding the EU Timber Regulation 995/2010 and its Implications" at the end of the webinar.
• Effective Dates, History and background
• Articles in the regulation relating to Operators and Traders
• The role of chain of custody and third party verification schemes
• SGS Services to Operators and Traders
European Union Regulation 995/2010 lays down the obligations for Operators who place timber and timber products on the European market for the first time, as well as the obligations of Traders in the supply chain between the forest of origin and the end user.
The Regulation prohibits the supply of illegally harvested timber in the European market. In addition, Operators must exercise due diligence when placing timber or timber products on the market. They shall use due diligence system to assess and mitigate the risk of illegal timber being supplied.
SGS has identified the obligations for organizations that fall within the scope of the Regulation. The webinar is designed to provide clarification on specific issues.
The webinar is designed to provide participants with an understanding of Articles within the Regulation. The webinar will also provide information about the services and solutions offered by SGS to facilitate compliance with the Regulation.
The webinar will be delivered by experts with experience auditing chain of custody systems and will presented in a relevant and informative manner by individuals with specific experience of the timber, paper and packaging sectors.
• Organizations involved with the supply and trade of timber, paper and packaging products
• Operators: Organizations or individuals responsible for placing timber on the European market.
• Traders: Organizations or individuals that purchase and or sell timber products, but do not take responsibility for first placement on the market.
Mr. Tobin Gordon, SGS Global Program Manager, Chain of Custody
Tobin has twelve years experience auditing chain of custody systems and managing chain of custody programmes. Tobin is currently working on a programme to deliver solutions to clients that facilitate compliance with European Union Regulation 995/2010. Tobin is also working to align delivery of chain of custody systems across the SGS network.
Event location: Online
Join one of the following complimentary sessions on 22 May 2012:
Register for Session 1 (https://sgseventcenter.webex.com/sgseventcenter/onstage/g.php?d=704399935&t=a)
09:00 a.m. London
10:00 a.m. Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Amsterdam
04:00 a.m. New York
04:00 p.m. Singapore, Kuala Lumpur
Register for Session 2 (https://sgseventcenter.webex.com/sgseventcenter/onstage/g.php?d=702241903&t=a)
02:00 p.m. London
03:00 p.m. Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Amsterdam
09:00 a.m. New York
09:00 p.m. Singapore, Kuala Lumpur
- Outi Armstrong
- 1 place des Alpes
1211 Geneva 1
- Voice: 41 22 739 9161
- Visit our Site