New VirtueMart 2 User Manual published today by author Kerry Watson
A new user manual for one of the world's most popular open source ecommerce programs was released today, VirtueMart. The ebook and a free, 62-page preview of the first four chapters are both available for immediate download from the company website, oscmanuals.com.
- (1888PressRelease) April 28, 2012 - Today the "ShowMe Guides(tm) VirtueMart 2 User Manual" ebook was published today by popular Open Source eCommerce author Kerry Watson. This is the first book published in English about the open source ecommerce program VirtueMart 2. A German language VirtueMart 2 book has been previously published in Germany, where VirtueMart is based.
VirtueMart is one of the world's most popular ecommerce platforms, and it has experienced huge growth each month since VirtueMart 2 was released in December, 2011. VirtueMart has more shops in the Alexa Top One Million survey than osCommerce, PrestaShop, Volusion, Yahoo Stores, OpenCart or Ubercart. Now that a user manual is available, the growth should surge.
The new book covers every menu of the program. The manual is written for new VirtueMart 2 users who have no graphics or programming skills. All you need are some product photos and a store logo, and a willingness to try something new.
A free 62-page preview of the book is available, and includes a free Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide. If you like the free materials, you can then purchase the rest of the manual.
In addition to covering every menu of the program, the user manual includes much bonus material:
- List of recommended web hosts that will install VirtueMart for free
- How and where to hire technical pros to help you with your shop
- Top 5 SEO Tips for VirtueMart Cheatsheet
- Six Tips to Get Great Forum Answers Cheatsheet
- How to install a professional template, and
- Online Security and Records Management.
One of the most powerful and talked-about features of VirtueMart 2 is its custom fields which include product attributes like size and color. Nearly 10% of the book is spent breaking down this advanced feature into easy steps, including a Custom Fields Cheatsheet with examples and screenshots.
The book and free preview chapters are available in downloadable format today from the website OSCManuals.com, and soon in paperback on Amazon.com. Get the free preview chapters at http://oscmanuals.com/virtuemart-free-preview-chapters-file-37.html?folder_id=26
Author Kerry Watson is a full-time writer on open source (OSC) ecommerce topics and has been writing about them since 2003 when her first book on osCommerce was published. Her popular ShowMe Guides(tm) book series shows busy people what to do in clear, fully-completed screenshots. Watson has published well over a dozen books on the many OSC programs available, including OpenCart, Loaded Commerce, Magento, Zen Cart, osCmax, and many more. Visit the author's website at http://www.oscmanuals.com. Follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#kerrywatson or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/OSCManuals.