New Real COM is launched in JetPort 5601 Industrial Serial Device Server for Enhanced & Easier Network Management
Korenix offers Real COM function in its JetPort 5601 1-port RS 232/422/485 serial device server with redundant Ethernet ports to enhance network management performance in industrial deployments.
- (1888PressRelease) May 26, 2012 - Korenix announces its JetPort 5601 1-port RS 232/422/485 serial device server with redundant Ethernet ports is upgraded to support Real COM function for enhancing network management performance in industrial deployments.
Compared to the Virtual COM, the Real COM provides shorter latency, and enables the device to start on system boot, without requiring further user login. As a result, not only can the user easily manage the device via the management interface, but also can he benefit from networking the serial devices instantly and improving performance of the device management with increased efficiency, becoming perfect fit for factory automation, utility management or other applications where serial to Ethernet connectivity is required.
Korenix JetPort 5601 is a single-port serial device server with 2 Ethernet ports for network redundancy. The serial interface of the device is configurable by software and can be set up to support any of the RS232, RS422 and RS485 serial formats without hardware modification, while providing speed as high as 460.8kbps. To guarantee the non-stop data communication, the Redundant Dual Ethernet ports of JetPort 5601 provide auto-recovery in less than 200ms, in case the master link fails to work.
JetPort 5601 can be configured by JetPort Commander, Korenix's easy-to-use utility for Windows with user-friendly interface and smart setup wizard, that covers all management, monitoring, and control functions for one or many JetPort servers. Furthermore, to increase security and flexibility of the device management, JetPort offers HTTPS and SSH encryption mechanisms. Equipped with two types of power inputs, terminal block or power jack and providing -10~70oC operating temperature, the device performs stable operation in various industrial applications.
Key features of JetPort 5601 are:
- RTTD, Redundant to the Device. Dual Ethernet ports with network auto-recovery in Less Than 200ms
- One port software selectable RS232/422/485 serial interface, Max. Serial Speed: 460.8kbps
- Secured Management by HTTPS and SSH
- Up to 5 Simultaneous Serial Connections
- JetPort Commander, Easy-to-use Windows Utility for Device Discovery, Multiple Device Managing and Monitoring
- Versatile Serial Services: Real/Virtual COM, Serial Tunnel, TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP
- Event Warning by Syslog, Email, SNMP trap
- Dual Power Inputs by 12~48VDC Terminal Block and by 9~30VDC Jack
- -10~70degC operating temperature
A Beijer Electronics Group Company
sales ( @ ) korenix dot com