New Partnership Offers Louisiana Seniors, Families Unparalleled Peace Of Mind
Innovative high-tech fall detection device now available in Louisiana providing new help, security for individuals aging in their own homes.
- Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC (1888PressRelease) December 18, 2010 - What if something happens and nobody's there to help?
Thousands of Louisiana families with aging loved ones face this question every day, and very few have an answer. Seniors want to continue to live at home where it's safe, comfortable and affordable - but it's difficult to make sure someone is there with them or close by at all times, in case something happens.
Thanks to a new partnership between a local senior care company and an innovative fall-detection service, Louisiana families can enjoy complete peace of mind knowing that help is there, 24/7.
Senior Helpers of Abbeville was recently named as the newest distribution partner for Halo Monitoring, Inc., creator of the myHalo monitoring system, which is now available for seniors across all of Southwestern Louisiana.
Family members begin an emotional rollercoaster ride when trying to balance caring for their elderly parents or grandparents while still living their own lives. The myHalo monitoring system provides independence and peace of mind for seniors and their families.
The advanced myHalo system is the first medical alarm that sends an automatic alert to emergency personnel in the case of a fall or an incident, no need to push a button. While most medical alarms are only able to react to an emergency, myHalo is the first system of its kind to also provide 24/7 activity and health monitoring - giving seniors the proactive care they need while keeping them independent.
Fall Statistics Tell the Story:
• Roughly 40% of all seniors fall each year. That's 12 million senior falls in the U.S.
• Falls account for 70% of accidental deaths in the elderly population, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
• 4 out of 5 seniors who use a traditional manual medical alarm with a panic button are unable to push the button after a fall.
The myHalo Solution
The myHalo system can reduce daily worry by allowing the caregiver to remotely monitor their loved one through a password protected, secure website from anywhere in the world. Alerts are sent to caregivers, family members and emergency personnel via text, email or phone. Halo provides:
• An alert to caregivers when the senior's system is not being worn.
• A non-invasive, comfortable wearable device.
• A waterproof system that can be worn in the shower where falls often occur.
• An iPhone application allowing easier on-the-fly check-ins.
For additional information on the myHalo fall detection device and the availability of myHalo in your area, visit http://www.halomonitoring.com or contact Jennifer Campisi at (337) 893-5030 388-1331.
About Halo Monitoring, Inc.
Halo Monitoring was founded in 2006 by a team that believed that your loved ones deserve to age gracefully in their own homes. We believed that your loved ones deserve the peace of mind to know that they will be safe while alone in their own homes. Those beliefs are core to our company values and are the driving force behind all of the products and services we develop here at Halo.