New Book "Choose Your Story, Choose Your Life" Helps Readers Identify, Share and Embody the Best Version of Themselves
The new self-help book,"Choose Your Story, Choose Your Life" by Dean Erickson.
- (1888PressRelease) November 10, 2010 - Los Angeles, CA - "What story do you tell to describe your life? We all have several versions; the specific story you choose can help determine your present and future happiness," says Dean Erickson, author of the new self-help book, "Choose Your Story, Choose Your Life" (Bionic Publishing, October 2010, ISBN: 9781453787014, $9.95 in paperback, $6.95 for Kindle, $6.95 for Nook), available now on Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com.
In the book, Erickson cites examples of famous people like Oprah Winfrey and Stephen Hawking who overcame unfortunate circumstances to lead amazing and positive lives. He shares his own challenges, including his difficulty in overcoming the negativity and judgment of an alcoholic father, while becoming an honored athlete, Ivy League graduate, actor, writer, and successful investment advisor; he was recently inducted into the Midcoast Maine Sports Hall of Fame.
"People too often describe themselves through their worst and least supportive story instead of their best and most life affirming," says Erickson, who leads readers through an incisive exercise so they can determine their best, most supportive life story and learn to consciously choose that story every time in order to support their best life.
"Choose Your Story, Choose Your Life" offers tips to help you:
• bypass guilt;
• learn a fast way to improve bad habits and fight addictions;
• take responsibility for your thoughts and actions;
• benefit from answering one simple question;
• understand how you may be blocking your own happiness and success.
In this fast, fluff-free read, the author candidly reveals private aspects of his life to provide examples of how you may be sabotaging yourself without knowing it. More importantly, he offers specific suggestions to quickly fix the problem.
"Sometimes life's disappointments make people forget the good they've experienced and created," says Erickson. "This book can illuminate an achievable path to the happiness, love and success everyone deserves. Anyone who has read 'The Secret™' or 'The Power™' could benefit from the very specific exercise and techniques in 'Choose Your Story, Choose Your Life.'"
With carefully chosen motivational quotes beginning each chapter, a few memorable zingers of his own, valuable suggestions, and one crucial question, Erickson writes with humor, encouragement and insight.
With accompanying worksheets in the appendices, all a reader needs to do is add a pen and a bit of effort to achieve maximum benefit. "Choose Your Story, Choose Your Life" can be used individually or within a group setting.
For more information on "Choose Your Story, Choose Your Life" or Dean Erickson visit www.ChooseYourStoryChooseYourLife.com or www.deanerickson.com.
Media contact: Lisa Elia PR Phone: 310-479-0216 e-mail: lisa ( @ ) lisaeliapr dot com