NetCom Learning to Provide Free Webinar on How to Become an IT Healthcare Technician
The webinar, entitled Why Healthcare IT Technician?, explains how IT professionals can improve their marketability by becoming versed in the healthcare industry.
- New York, NY (1888PressRelease) December 08, 2011 - NetCom Learning, the leading information technology and business training organization, announced its latest free webinar, Why Heathcare IT Technician?, will be held from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 14. The live webinar will explain how IT professionals can increase their employability by meeting the demand for IT professionals versed in the healthcare industry.
Changes in the healthcare industry have created a demand for IT professionals who understand the nuances of the industry. Specifically, more medical facilities are preparing for the transition from paper-based records to electronic healthcare records (EHR). This creates a great opportunity for IT professionals who want to make themselves more employable or set themselves apart from the competition, said NetCom Learning Chairman and CEO Russell Sarder.
"The healthcare industry is a very specialized field, and so hospitals, clinics and doctors' offices have a need for IT professionals who understand this particular niche. This webinar will provide terrific insight for IT professionals looking to specialize," Sarder said.
The webinar will cover:
• Overview of the demand for IT professionals versed in the healthcare industry (specifically in the creation and maintenance of EHR systems)
• Details on transition by medical facilities to EHR systems
• Details on regulations and laws that are helping facilitate this transition
• Value and benefits of the CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician certificate
• NetCom Learning's CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician Certification Course
The webinar also includes a sneak peek at NetCom Learning's acclaimed hands-on training program: CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician (Now offered Live Online).
The webinar will be presented by Carol Balkcom, Director of Product Management and Skills Development at CompTIA. Carol Balkcom is the Director of Product Management on multiple CompTIA certifications. She is responsible for managing and monitoring the business strategy for certifications and represents CompTIA at industry and academic events.
NetCom Information Technology is a member of the CompTIA Learning Alliance and a Gold level CompTIA Authorized Partner, one of the highest levels of recognition as a CompTIA training provider. NetCom Learning is also a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions and is certified to provide authorized training solutions with many of the leading IT software companies. NetCom Learning's training excellence has earned the Microsoft 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the Year as well as numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors.
To enroll in the Why Healthcare IT Technician? Webinar, visit http://www.netcomlearning.com
About NetCom Learning
NetCom Learning is a premier provider of IT and business-training solutions to companies, individuals, and government agencies. Since its inception in 1998, NetCom Learning has trained over 95 percent of the Fortune 500, serviced over 23,000 business customers, and advanced the skills of more than 55,000 professionals through hands-on, expert-led training. NetCom Learning was recently recognized by Microsoft Corporation as its Worldwide Training Partner of the Year and named to Inc. Magazine's list of fastest growing private companies in America, NetCom Learning was also named to the 2011 IT Training Companies Watch List by TrainingIndustry.com.
The purpose of NetCom Learning is to promote the values of lifelong learning.