NEC Display Solutions Enhances Its Interactive Software Solution
Downloadable Software Renews Collaboration in the Education and Corporate Markets.
- Chicago, IL (1888PressRelease) August 21, 2012 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today updates it has made to NEC's Interactive Software. This powerful application enables the creation and playback of presentations and is targeted to educators and presenters using NEC projectors.
Users of the software experience a simplified presentation process, while enriching interactions with listeners. This solution, which is compatible with Apple's iPad tablet and NEC projectors with networking capabilities, ensures consistency and accuracy between multiple presentations and allows customers to walk freely around the room while annotating directly on the iPad. NEC's Interactive Software also benefits from its integration with the Image Express Utility software suite, which eliminates the need for cables and saves schools and companies money on their installations. The following describes the updates to NEC's Interactive Software:
- With the touch of a button, record all annotation and audio of entire presentations for playback at a later date with voice over capabilities
- Share videos on YouTube, Facebook or via email
- Select whether or not the iPad will be connected to a server (PC or Mac) upon opening the app
- Connect directly from the iPad to an Apple TV without the need for a server
- Create content on the iPad in standalone mode or as a system connected to a server
- Onscreen wrist guard for customers not using a standard stylus or finger to prevent unintended annotations from a palm being placed on the iPad surface
- Background and pen enhancements including new color palettes and authoring tools
- Direct controls for Microsoft Keynote and PowerPoint programs
"NEC's Interactive Software not only gives educators and corporate users an easy way to present, but also maximizes the full potential of their NEC projectors," said Rich McPherson, Sr. Product Manager at NEC Display Solutions. "The updates we've made to the latest version of the software allow advanced customization of presentations and support for enhanced technologies that increase interactivity and further encourage collaboration."
To use NEC's Interactive Software, customers must download the program to a computer and the companion Doceri app in iTunes to an iPad. By connecting both devices to a wired or wireless network via a network infrastructure or ad-hoc connection, complete control of the PC or Mac from the iPad is possible. This link creates a collaborative environment between the presenter and participants from anywhere within the classroom or boardroom.
For further details on the latest version of NEC's Interactive Software, visit www.necdisplay.com/interactive. For a tutorial on using NEC's Interactive Software, watch this NEC Tech Tutorial.